Any August 2017 Brides Out There Yet?

posted 3 years ago in August 2017
Post # 136
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

We’re getting closer ladies! Who else has an update to share other than me? 🙂 

I’m an out of town bride so I ended up flying home and my planner had SO much for us to do, I was able to check off a lot of stuff from our list. I was really starting to feel behind until these past few weekends and now I feel so much better. This wedding planning has been a breeze, knocking a lot of things out all at once is definitely the way to go!

We have our date—Aug 5th! can’t wait; venue—an uptown museum with floor to ceiling windows/views of the city and a really cool living wall; colors—shades of ivory, dark navy blue, and accents of gold; caterer—we’re doing creative stations, with our fav being the southern shrimp and grits and bbq bar!; officiant—close friend of ours; linens & rentals—picked everything out but waiting on quote/contract; photographer—this was hard but so happy with the team we selected, we also secured our engagement photo date over the Christmas holiday; florals—had our 1st consultation, but we’re fearing we’re going to be over budget in this area. all of the flowers I like the most were on the pricier side so we might have to revisit this; bridesmaids dresses—have narrowed down to 2, should be wrapping this up by the end of next month; groomsmen tuxes; my DRESS!!!—I was SO worried about finding something that would work with my body and would be everything I was looking for (romantic, soft fabric, comfortable, party on the bottom, classic & modern), but I said YES and I can’t wait until it comes in!

We still have a lot more to do like figuring out engagement photo outfits, hair & makeup for everyone, FI’s tux (looking for a dark navy blue with black lapels), accessories/shoes, videographer, favors, dj, website and stationary. Feels like the list keeps growing and growing but I’m so happy all the bigger/more important things have been taken care of. 

What’s still left on yalls list?! Hope everyone is hanging in there, having fun with their planning, and not stressed at all!

chelc13 :  Date twin!! Where are you in the process? This is so exciting 🙂

Post # 137
1162 posts
Bumble bee

CarolinaJames :  Yay! So exciting!

My planner told me that I can take a break from planning because we pretty much already have everything booked – but I want to plan more! All we have left to book is the cake and the florist (but my decorater does all of the flowers except the bouquets, so the florest we can wait a while to book). We also want to take dance lessons, book the honeymoon, buy the wedding rings, etc., but all of that can be done later. So right now, I wait! Love seeing what y’all have completed so far!

Post # 138
1162 posts
Bumble bee

Hi August bees! Where are you all at with your planning? August is getting closer!!

Post # 139
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello!! I know I can’t believe we are 8 months away!! I have the followed locked down:

Venue,band, photographer/videographer, caterer, wedding planner for just the weekend of activities, my dress, sent save the dates early!

my caterer just contacted me today to schedule our tasting this month!! Woohoo!

working on picking between two florist we like– how do you girls pick between vendors?

trying to understand the world of uplighting and if we need it. We are in a dark space ( old airport hanger turned winery) with dark brown walls but one wall has floor to ceiling windows. But our wedding stars at 4 so the sun will be setting. 

Still need to pick bridesmaids and groomsmen attire and my Fiances suit/tux.

angways have some awesome ideas for seating cards or favors? Even diy decorating??  I’m trying to brainstorm now! 

Post # 140
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

sassybeee :  209 days to go, for me!

we just had our second dance lesson, and met up with our wedding planner to gover her color scheme, floral ideas, and general layout/plan. we found out, very happily, that the hotel we’ll be getting ready at no longer does weddings, so we can do our getting ready/first look photos there.

we do need to find a bartender, arrange the liquor license, finalize song plans for the band. . .and probably some other things I’m forgetting. I do need to send invites (because this wedding is international, and also we need our RSVP numbers sooner) by the frst week of February.

Post # 141
1162 posts
Bumble bee

So exciting! You’ve all done so much, i’m just starting to realize how much left there is to do!

What I have booked: venue, officiant, decorater,/florist photographer, videographer, band, caterer, day of coordinator, bought my dress,

Today I went to design the invitations (which are costing way too much but that’s a whole other story), decide on a cake, and had a meeting with a jewler to plan how we are designing my wedding ring. We’re going to take our first dance lesson in a week or two. I’m also going bridesmaids dress shopping tomorrow with a couple of my girls!

Still so much to do though! Most importantly we need to book a hotel, our transportation, FI’s tux, the groomsmen suits, and all of the little things! But we’re getting there bit by bit!

Post # 142
651 posts
Busy bee

8.6.17 bride!

It was really fun reading this thread from start to finish. I have only been engaged since end of Nov 2016 so I haven’t had nearly as much time to plan as some ladies who first posted but with 2 weeks to go I feel confident that everything will get done on time.

And I am do excited!!

Things I need to do:

– Our DIY candy favors

– Our DIY flowers

– Print our wedding programs

– Help FH find nice dress shoes and a tuxedo shirt. 😂

– Order personalized champagne flutes

and a few other minor things.  

How are the August 5th bees doing? That seems like a popular August date. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors