(Closed) Any bees have real life pics of Alfred Angelo 753?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I wore this dress for my wedding, too.  I had it in light gold, and you’ll see I changed the flowers on the side a bit.

Post # 6
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MissMargie:  I went down to the local craft shop and bought a combination of silk flowers.  I tried to get colors that were in the same gold range, some darker and some lighter.   You take the flowers apart (pop off the heads, and take out any of the plastic parts), and end up with a bunch of petals.  You can start layering them in various combinations, then sew them together in the center with some beads.  It’s really pretty simple!  I ended up with a bunch of different sizes.  Then we snipped the original flowers off (they’re tacked on, and easy to take off by just snipping a few threads), then hand-sewed them on.  I can take a close-up photo of the flowers if you’re interested, and you might be able to see better how I made them.

Oh, and just a side note:  I used the optional spaghetti straps to make the headband I’m wearing.  It sounds silly, but it certainly matched the dress.  🙂  It really is a pretty cool dress.  I originally was looking for something completely different, but this dress was “it”, especially in that color. 

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I also wore this dress for my May wedding in the light gold.

The topic ‘Any bees have real life pics of Alfred Angelo 753?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors