Post # 1
So last week Fiance and myself met with our DJ to discuss everything, he asked what music we liked and if we agree on music taste, all those things. He also asked if we had thought of our music picks for our big moments such as first dance and walking down the aisle, when I told him I was after something a little bit weird, a little bit quirky and different, it’s like he didnt even hear me. He asked about Frank Sinatra, Celine Dion ect, I said that we didnt want any lovey mushy music as that isnt what our ceremony will not be like that AT ALL!!
Any way, anytime i asked for suggestions he kept going back to lovey mushy music and said every bride wants something different but when it comes down to it, will end up with the classics.
Gah any help?
FYI: so far our list so far includes
Neopolitan Dreams – Lisa Mitchell
You’re my Favourite – Jason Jones
Terrified – Katherine McPhee
Loving you Tonight – Andrew Allan
Lego House – Ed Sheeran
I do – Colbie Colliat
We’re Going to the Chapel – The Dixie Chicks
1, 2 3, 4 (I Love You) – Plain White T’s
thats by memory there are heaps more
Post # 3
Here’s a copy of my list:
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” – Rick Astley
- “Need You Tonight” – INXS
- “Billie Jean” – Michael Jackson
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Relax” – Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
- “Addicted to Love”- Robert Palmer
- “Karma Chameleon” – Culture Club (for mom Noreen)
- “I Wanna Know What Love is” – Foreigner
- “Straight Up” – Paula Abdul
- “Another One Bites the Dust” – For the groom
- “All Night Long” – Lionel Richie
- “Cherish” – Madonna
- “Super Freak” – Rick James
- “It’s Tricky” – Run DMC
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers
- “Carry Out” – Timberland ft. Justin Timberlake
- “Rock Your Body” – Justin Timberlake
- “Bad Romance” – Lady Gaga
- “Til the World Ends” – Britney Spears
- “Get Me Bodied” – Beyonce
- “Can’t Touch This” – MC Hammer
- “Baby Got Back” – Sir Mix A Lot
- “Let Me Clear My Throat” – DJ KOOL
- “Call Me Maybe” – Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Moves like Jagger” – Maroon 5
- “First Day of My Life” – Bright Eyes
- “1, 2 3, 4 (I Love You)” – Plain White T’s
- “Your Guardian Angel” – The Red Jumpsuit Appartus
- “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz
- “You Picked Me” – A Fine Frenzy
- “Everlong” – Foo Fighters
*[Insert FI’s Name] and I are out of touch regarding what’s played on radios these days. We’re pretty much 80s/90s music fans. We’ll be happy with whatever you choose to play along with this list*
Our thoughts regarding cocktail/dinner are to play soft music such as jazz, Frank Sinatra, Smoky Robinson, Dean Martin, etc. It’s nice and relaxing and related more towards the older crowd.
Post # 4
Party rockin by LMFAO
That silly gangman style song- it will get people up dancing.
Post # 5
@j_jaye: I agree!
I’d like some classical music and pre-1950s classics too. But we will see.
ETA I don’t want to cut out the post 50s stuff, just mentioning the quirky thoughts.
Post # 6
We definitely used different music!
For walking down the aisle
Groomsmen: Mad World by Gary Jules
Bridesmaids: (I actually can’t remember lol)
Kids: Shreks Hallelujah
Bride: Wonderwall by Oasis
Back up the aisle: Skrillex remix to Cinema by Benny Benassi
(those were all on electric violin played by our officiate)
First dance: Oh That I Had by Mt Eden Dubstep
Bride and son dance: Forever Young techno remix
Cake cutting: I Feel so Close by Calvin Harris
Groom and mom: Silence by Mt Eden
Grandparents 30th anniversary dance: To Build A Home by Cinematic Orchestra
We had a rave reception with loud fast electronic music and some older 90’s and soft top current hits played through cocktail hour and dinner.
Post # 7
We wanted to go for something different too. We are not at all a lovey-dovey couple. Love each other, we just don’t feel the need to show it too much to others.
We still haven’t really agreed yet (I know slack). Because we have really different taste in music it’s been hard and most of the songs I like end up being breakup songs when you listen to the lyrics.
Our ‘first dance’ song is ‘Just Breathe’ by Pearl Jam. Not really lovey-dovey but still great!
I think we are leaning towards something like Vitamin String Quartet because we can have a more upbeat song we like but it be a bit more appropriate! Fiance likes Highway to Hell by them.
Post # 8
I thought I copied everything, but here’s the first part of that list:
- Processional: “Wonderful Tonight” – Vitamin String Quartet (00:25-1:20)
- Recessional: “All You Need is Love” – Aramis String Quartet
- First Dance: “Captivated” – Lady Gaga
- Last Dance: “Save the Last Dance for Me” – Michael Buble
- Cake Cutting: “Grow Old with You” – Adam Sandler
Post # 9
@HappilyEverAfter54: oops totally forgot! we are having accidently in love from shrek as well 🙂