(Closed) Any bees out there that have experience with child support issues?

posted 4 years ago in Legal
Post # 2
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Peaceoutboyscout:  It depends.  Every state is different and if he is in another state, they also have different protocols.  Good for you that your child support entity is willing to do this on your child’s behalf!  Otherwise, you would have to go to court and/or file papers in whatever state he is in to enforce the order there.  You would only need to attend court if they send you a subpoena ordering you to appear.

Post # 5
46607 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Peaceoutboyscout:  If the local Child Support Agency is acting on behalf of the children, you may or may not have to testify. Often they can act soley from their records. Jail is normally a ast resort. If he is working, they can file to garnishee his wages so that the child support is deducted from his paycheque.

You can look up this information on their website


This article lists some of the possible consequnces of not paying child support.


various jurisdictions have different procedures.

The topic ‘Any bees out there that have experience with child support issues?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors