(Closed) Any brides out there not yet have their gown for June 2012 wedding?

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think I’ve found “the dress”, I just haven’t ordered it yet….and I probably won’t for a while!  Are you still looking? πŸ™‚

Post # 5
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago. I know designers like Maggie Sottero often take longer to ship, maybe 6 months, but places like David’s Bridal are known to get the dress in a matter of weeks. I was determined to find that “perfect” dress, I tried on probably 100 dresses but was never 100% happy. In the end I had to do some narrowing down, I made it down to 3 dresses and picked one that I liked best. Now that I’ve decided, I’m so happy with what I chose, and even though there are a couple small things I would change about it, I don’t have any dress regret. Not all brides have that magical moment where they find “THE dress,” so honestly I’d recommend you really try to make a decision.

There’s always the rush order option too, but that’s probably an extra $150, so if that’s in your budget then you have some extra time.

Post # 6
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Me! I feel so behind. I definitely have a frontrunner at this point, but I’ll do one more round of dress hunting soon and make a final decision.

Post # 8
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@blingbride623: I’ll be coming back to this thread in a few weeks to check up on you with hopes that you found a dress (and hopefully to be able to report some good news myself)! πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I just ordered mine, I think it is suppose to be in sometime in late march. It funny because I was told if I wanted a Maggie Sottero that I pretty much had to order now(I ordered a week ago) be the receive date is still almost 3 months out from my wedding. 

Post # 11
426 posts
Helper bee

Goodness no. I’m making it, and haven’t even started.

Post # 13
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@blingbride623: Yeah I found mine at DB so I’m not in a big rush!  I’ll probably order it in Dec or Jan.  I’ve been losing a bit of weight so I figured I’d just wait a bit longer and hopefully save some $ on alterations!

@leafgum: That’s very cool that you’re making your own!

Post # 14
2584 posts
Sugar bee

@Koolbeans621: I ordered my Maggie two weeks ago and they told me mid May as the estimated arrival πŸ™

Post # 15
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

galloway111 Thats weird, you know I noticed when I was dress shopping that different shops gave me different dates, I had one in Seattle tell me I could wait until December to order. The one that I actually order from in Portland had first told me that my particular dress would be ship in late April, early May. Then when I called to see if I could order extra fabric to make sleeves since they do in house alterations they told me late March without really giving a reason for the change of dates. So I am hoping that hey last quote is right πŸ™‚

Post # 16
41 posts
Newbee

I have not ordered a dress and I’m losing sleep over it. I pray that through some heavenly intervention I do find what I am looking for- and in time for the wedding no less. Feeling soo behind at this point.

The topic ‘Any brides out there not yet have their gown for June 2012 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors