(Closed) Any brides out there not yet have their gown for June 2012 wedding?

posted 9 years ago in June 2012
Post # 18
10 posts
Newbee

I haven’t picked “my dress” yet. I have been informed by the boutiques that I have visited that if I order in November the dress should arrive in April and if I order in December the Dress should arrive in May. They also told me to wait til 1 month out from the wedding date to do fittings (now if your seamtress is swamped you may need more time) to get the best fit possible at time of wedding. I am not “freaking out” yet… but deciding on a dress way more complicated than I thought. Not only do I need to be concerned about how it looks on me, but how it will feel in the weather I am wearing it in (a.k.a. getting educated on fabrics), and also where is the best place to get the most for my dollar. Sooooo much research! *lol*. Anyways I need to get a move on, get educated, and decide on my dress at least by December. My worst case scenario…if I can’t find “the dress” by December…I have heard people that order custom made dresses from China (research the company though) and receive them fast and for way less, buy a sample, or visit trunk shows. So not freaking out yet even though I haven’t decided on my dress yet.

Post # 19
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am ordering my replica dress from DressilyMe in the next week or so.

Post # 20
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

I am going shopping next week. I called the store to ask if they had a few Casablanca and Allure gowns that I have been eyeing. Good news is they do have the dresses, bad news is they said I might have to pay a rush fee if I want to have my dress before the middle of May! I guess its not a big deal but I plan on taking bridal pics so I definitely need to get a move on!

I was told that Allure comes in much quicker than Casablanca (by about a month or more) just an fyi… Happy Hunting, Ladies!

Post # 21
157 posts
Blushing bee

My dress is already in! To be fair I did pick one the first time I went dress shopping in June. I thought it would take forever, but I fell in love with AA’s Cinderella the second I slipped it on!

Post # 22
435 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t bought my dress – nor have I even gone trying them on! I’ve lost just shy of forty pounds in a year and am hoping to lose up to thirty more… I’m going to start looking next month but may not make a decision until end of Jan. I really have to weigh up whether I want to pay extra for rush orders (possibility) or pay an arm and a leg for alterations!

Post # 23
241 posts
Helper bee

Hi Ladies!

I am unfortunately in this boat…I haven’t ordered my dress….but I narrow it down to the final two (yay!!) as of yesterday, both at the same store. My bridal consultant said as long as I make my decision and get the order in before end of November I should be fine, no need for a rush order, as it will make it in by mid-May. I plan to make my final decision within the next few days.

Good luck to those still shopping!!

Post # 24
1359 posts
Bumble bee

I’m making my dress, but I haven’t started yet. I’ll get going in a couple of weeks here when I go visit my mom. I have bought all the materials though.

Post # 25
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I had a 4.5 month engagement, went shopping and had the dress picked out within the first two weeks. I chose an Allure dress; the woman at the boutique actually called the warehouse to confirm that they had my size in stock before guaranteeing that my dress could be in before the wedding date. Sure enough, it arrived 2 weeks later! 🙂 So you could always have the boutique call ahead for you…that being said, I’m not picky and would have willingly gotten something off the rack or David’s Bridal if I’d had to. It also helped that I picked a “princess” dress, so since the waist fit no alterations (other than the bustle) were needed.

Post # 26
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m the last weekend in May, but I haven’t tried on anything yet. My thesis is due Nov 30 so I haven’t had time to do anything related to the wedding. As soon as that is finished I’m going dress shopping, I’m so nervous I’m waiting too long!

Post # 27
73 posts
Worker bee

I don’t.  I’m planning on getting a David’s Bridal dress though so the turn around time is less.  Going to the store this weekend to try dresses on and I’m sooo excited!

Post # 28
23 posts
Newbee

I haven’t even started looking yet. Not erally worried but the boards are making me feel like I should get going! We just got engaged to weeks ago and I am hoping I won’t be regretting such a short engagement!

Post # 29
338 posts
Helper bee

I ordered my dress from a Chinese knockoff place a few weeks ago.  It’s supposed to be here sometime in January…fingers crossed!

Post # 30
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I haven’t even started looking for a dress yet…i’m starting my wedding dress shopping next month though…time is going by sooo fast….definitely no time to waste!

Post # 31
2615 posts
Sugar bee

ordered my dress a week after i got an engaged; still waitin on it to come………………….

The topic ‘Any brides out there not yet have their gown for June 2012 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors