(Closed) Any BRIDES wearing LACE WIGS & HAIR EXTENSIONS?!

posted 7 years ago in African-American
Post # 4
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey! I have been considering at least extensions for quite a while! I’m actually planning on ordering clip-in ones this week to test drive them a have ample time to play with them before deciding. I’ve considered getting extensions at the salon, but they are so expensive and can be damaging to your hair (and I already have quite a bit of damage due to coloring).

I’ve looked at lace wigs, also though! It would be amazing to think that the whole–“will my hair turn out?!?!” burden could be lifted. However, I can’t help but think it’d be a little weird at the end of the night when you get to your hotel room & you pull off your wig… I think it might kinda freak out Fiance 🙂

Post # 7
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I wore a lace front last year. Get it put on by a pro. If you do it wrong, the glue (if you use glue) will clump or the hairline won’t fall correctly.

Post # 9
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Miss Tattoo: Yes! I’ve seen so many bad lace fronts!

Definitely deal with a professional…or watch a lot of tutorials and practice, practice, practice.

Post # 11
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m a natural head and I wear synthetic lacefronts from time to time just to try something new. Watching youtube is a MUST!!

It can be difficult if you’re natural to do it because most suggest pulling out a SLIVER of your own hair out to make it look more natural (which I don’t do).

I generally braid my hair down and place on top of my head. I don’t use glue, however, if I want to make sure it’s going to stay on, I use Got2Be Freeze Spray on the hairline to make sure it’ll stay on.

I have a couple pics somewhere that I need to find.

With that being said, I’ll be getting treebraids for my wedding day. I’m just too concerned about how natural it’ll look and I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a lacefront.

Post # 12
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@April_Fools_Bride: I’m from Philly, but have never gotten a weave, so I can’t recommend anyone. Sorry 🙁

Post # 13
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011
Post # 14
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@April_Fools_Bride: no pictures. They were all on my old laptop that my ex wiped out to be an ass. 

You don’t have to use glue either. You can get tape if you want to take it off more often. 

Post # 15
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hey!! Now we’re talk’n….LOL!

I’ve been wearing lace wigs for about a year now and after experiencing my best friends weddinghair drama…I’m looking forward to not having to worry about all that on my DAY.

I spend between 2 & $300 on mine and guess what…it’s totally worth it.

My hair is the one thing I will not have to stress about..ya know.

If I want it wavy…silky strait…curly..whateva. I will have that!

I’ve never had any problems with my LaceWigs looking as realistic as possible.

“NO One Has to Know”

Plus these wigs are a chance to give my own hair a break from the chemicals and heat damage from curlers and flat irons.

I will say though…these wigs take dedication. They have to be well maintained.

Girl..go for it! It’s your day…you only get one. Make it Happen!!!!

Post # 16
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think there are some wigs that are inexpensive but look very real. I had one that I actually dyed purple and people thought it was my real hair, so I would definitely recommended at least taking a look at http://arda-wigs.com/. I was thinking of wearing a wig for my wedding, too, just because I love wigs, I can never get my bangs to sit right all day, and I want my hair to be more red anyway. The picture is of me wearing the same style wig as my purple one but in blond, it lasted all day and nobody seemed to notice it was a wig. 

[attachment=1581618,197693]

The topic ‘Any BRIDES wearing LACE WIGS & HAIR EXTENSIONS?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors