(Closed) Any BRIDES wearing LACE WIGS & HAIR EXTENSIONS?!

posted 10 years ago in African-American
Post # 17
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

*@rampagingcoconut *

That’s realy cool that no one noticed it…Your hair is probably the same basic texture as the wigs you wear. RIGHT?

Unfortunetly it’s a lil different for African American Woman.The texture of the average woman of color’s hair is so different.. that we almost have to go totally undetected. Peolple tend to stare at our hair if the texture is of another decent.   Imagine if you were to arrive at your wedding in an Afro Wig…Exactly!

Well that why a wig for us would have to be vertually unnoticed. Especialy at the hairline. Which means us spending a good lil amount of $$.

Not the best pic of me and my hair is back in ponytail, but you can get an idea of the difference in the hairline than the average Wig.

Post # 18
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Lace front wigs are a great option especially if you plan on taking your honeymoon right after the wedding; they are great for the beach.

Post # 19
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@YSQueen:hi what are tree braids? i wear my hair natural and sometimes get box braids but never heard of tree braids

Post # 20
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m going with clip in extensions.  I want to add volume and length to my hair for the wedding.  Thinking of getting them soon to get a feel for them.

Post # 21
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
@Tally7: It’s kind of like invisible braids. Here are a couple of images I googled.

Post # 22
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Depending on the length of my hair, I may consider extensions.  Not sure I’d be comfortable with a wig.  

Post # 23
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

what are lace wigs?  i’m curious.

Post # 24
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

thanks I may look into that – I like to try new things once in a while —

Post # 25
1987 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@amariem25: Lace/Lacefront wigs are wigs where the hairline (or the entire wig) are made using a mesh like lace material so that the hairline is less noticably fake.

It became really popular with celebrities like Beyonce because her real hair is natural, however, the hair that you see her with most often is a lace/lacefront wig.

Beyonce’s natural hair:

A lace front wig with the lace in the front still there. You cut off the lace in the front to match your hairline.

Beyonce wearing a lacefront wig:

Post # 27
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Does anyone have any good sites for a lace front? I’m trying to grow my hair out but I want a “just in case” option. ^_^

Post # 28
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Not AA, but definitely considering some sort of extensions for my wedding.  I had extensions many years ago that were sewn into tracks.  I’ve lost touch with the lady who did them for me and she was very reasonable; however, I’ve had trouble finding similar, affordable options. 

Also, my hair has been thinning considerably and I’m terrified of causing any further damage to my scalp.  I work in an industry that sees a considerable amount of AA women with permanant hair loss caused by braids, weaves, tracks, etc.  So, I came across a web site (proextensions.com) either here on the weddingbee or from a google search that has clip in extensions.  I ordered a set this weekend and hope that they will be an option for my wedding…we’ll see!

Post # 29
5385 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I wore a full weave (none of my hair left out) for my wedding. I ordered Indian Remy Naturally Curly hair from Wagmans. It looked so natural. Everyone was complimenting how beautiful my hair is. I had it dyed and highlighted too.

Post # 30
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@homegirl: Where did you get yours? Are you using glue or tape? 

Post # 31
2738 posts
Sugar bee

You ladies are freaking me out. My hair has been natural for FOREVER and if I do anything, it’s usually twists or braids. Most of the time though, I just slap a scarf on it and go. Can’t do that anymore. But I don’t know how these wigs, extensions, weaves etc are going to look with natural hair…and my hair is REALLY natural, all kinky and stuff. I don’t even know what to do because I always think weaves should leave a lil’ of your hair out but I can’t because my hair be breaking combs and ish 🙁

The topic ‘Any BRIDES wearing LACE WIGS & HAIR EXTENSIONS?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors