(Closed) Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m going to be wearing this dress!  I just ordered it two weeks ago though, so I can’t answer your question on how I’m completing the look. I think I am going to wear simple jewelry and I am not wearing a veil.

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I will be wearing this beautiful dress with a simple cathedral veil.  Attached is the picture of me wearing the dress. I ordered the dress in white.  The one I had on is ivory.  I will post a picture of the complete look after i get my dress back from alterations. 

[attachment=1064657,132552]

Post # 5
852 posts
Busy bee

@miss flan: I can’t wait to see pics of your whole look. I’m excited to see the dress in white also.  I ordered in ivory/ivory/silver since that is what I tried on and I liked it. I was afraid of ordering in white and then not liking it or something.  for some reason the bodice looks longer with you in the dress. Did this dress fit you? or was it too big?  Just curious ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
12 posts
Newbee

@Helstrong: The dress in the picture was a size 6 or 8 (can’t remember).  I am a size 2 or less.  So yah, it was too big for me. By the way, the dress in white is very beautiful.  I can’t wait to get it back to share with you guys.

Post # 8
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have an appointment to order my dress on Aug 1st. I am ordering it in Ivory/Ivory/Silver. I am very excited but I am also very concerned about how I should complete the look. The bridal shop has a 2-tiered finger-tip veil that matches the dress which I will also get, but I am not sure about jewlery. Any suggestions would be great. I am not getting married until May 2011

Post # 9
12 posts
Newbee

I just got my dress. Here’s a pic of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

[attachment=1147344,144993]

Post # 10
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I am maybe going to match my engagement ring with princess cut diamond earrings (future present from fiance)…..and definitely wearing a silver cuff bracelet that someone bought me that has the marriage vow engraved on it ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll probably get a veil that at least covers my shoulders, it should definitely be that length because I will probably wear my really long curly hair partially down……not sure what type of necklace I will get…

Post # 11
852 posts
Busy bee

Beautiful MissFlan!!  Anymore pictures??

Post # 12
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I just had my 1st fitting for the dress saturday and posted if your curious!! Beautiful and classic dress isn’t it? How everyone doing the bustle?

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee

This is how I got my bustle done.  What do you guys think?

[attachment=1162477,147042]

Post # 14
852 posts
Busy bee

Bustle looks nice, but I’m confused how they even did it.  Also- is the bodice being taken in?  Seems a little big.

Post # 15
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It is interesting how they did that…and they didnt worry about any damage to the dress? This was my suggestion….

Post # 16
12 posts
Newbee

@Helstrong: Yah, the bodice was taken in.  I guess it was the back side and it was in that angle that the dress looks a lil big on me. But the dress fits me perfectly.  If I would have taken it in a little more, I don’t think I would be able to eat or dance. hehe..

@Kimberly1010: My seamstress did 3 hooks and 3 loops.  One loop is in the middle and there are 2 other loops on the 2 sides.  She threaded the loops from inside the dress out so they will not ruin the fabric at all.  Also, there are three hooks hidden on top.  So I just hook the 3 loops in the hooks. Furthermore,  I have been walking and dancing around in the dress and I didn’t see any damage yet.  Btw, I really like your method. It looks very pretty and the dress looks very nice on you. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors