(Closed) Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 62
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I bought Casablanca 1992 today! πŸ™‚  Can’t wait to wear it on my wedding day! 

Post # 63
34 posts
Newbee

@meesha22:  Hey Meesha! We have the same wedding day and same dress I think! πŸ™‚

Post # 63
34 posts
Newbee

@meesha22:  Hey Meesha! We have the same wedding day and same dress I think! πŸ™‚

Post # 64
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Can’t wait to wear this dress in like 17 days!! AHHH!!!  I had my final fitting, but forgot to take photos of the FIVE point french bustle. I swear I’ll post after wedding!

Post # 65
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m married! Below are some pictures of the dress.  I had most of the train cut off since we were getting married in a masion on the beach, and had the skirt taken in about 8 inches so it was more of an a-line. No bustling needed. I must say, if you are a petite bride, I would reconsider this dress.  I have a very small core- and ordered a size 2- which needed to be taken in! It was still loose around my stomach because the boning can’t be taken in more.  I have an great abs, and the dress has so much of the detail around the waist that your figure gets lost in it. Even my husband commented that although the dress is incredible, it doesn’t really accentuate my tiny waist- i look like i have a more boyish figure than hourglass. If you are more of an apple figure this dress is certainly the dress for you.  The dress was pretty comfortable! 

Post # 66
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@lilymerr:  Your wedding photos are lovely. You and your husband look so happy together. I am very excited to wear this dress in my wedding 5 months from now. Though, I do have some feedback on your comments. Please do not take my comments the wrong way (I just felt the need to defend my dress a little).

First, as a bride wearing this dress I resent the term apple figure (an apple being a large round shape). I prefer hourglass figure or curvy. I love how Casablanca 1992 hugs my curves and makes my small waist look even smaller.

Second, I know you felt the dress hid your waist, but I would say some of this was due to removing length/volume to make the dress a a-line vs. a slightly fuller ball gown. By removing the volume, you lose the complete emphasis on the waist, something I feel the length and the beading are designed to accentuate.

Third, I know you wanted to remove the train due to you venue, but you removed one of my favorite parts (and one of the major style elements of the dress). The see-through overlay with the lace is what helps make the lines of the dress so elegant and slimming. By removing half of the detailing of the train and the length of the skirt, you lose the long lines that draw the eye up to the waist detailing that contributes to a more slender appearence. (As a size 2 you might not be as concerned with slenderizing, but I feel that it is intended in the dress prattern and cut.)

It truly sounds like you really wanted an a-line dress that emphasized your tight stomach and petite size, not the ball-gown with long lines and a chapel train you selected.

In the end, you should still be happy. You were a beautiful bride and have wonderful pictures and memories for the years to come.

Post # 67
8 posts
Newbee

I’m officially married! I loved my dress, it was very comfortable! I’m a D cup and didn’t feel like I needed a bra and wasn’t tugging at my dress all night. It was perfect! I did wear a slip underneath – just a regular A-line skirt from David’s Bridal to make the skirt a little fuller. Here are some pictures of our dress in action πŸ™‚

Post # 68
1335 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@ktprieto: This dress was my first love when I was trying on dresses–it is so beautiful! And I just wanted to say that it looks amazing on you! You were such a beautiful bride!

Post # 69
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My mom and I went out for first-time dress browsing in mid-Feb (just about a month or so after I got engaged), tried this dress and we both knew it was THE ONE. πŸ™‚  I didn’t expect to find/order my dress so soon, but I loved it so much.  I knew I should go with my gut.  Speaking of…I was in-between sizes and decided on the smaller, so…I’ll be working on that–yipes, lol.  I can’t wait until it comes in!  I’m so inspired by all of the brides who have this dress as well and have posted their beautiful photos.

Post # 70
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi ladies!

I tried the Casablanca 1992 on this week and instantly fell in love but its a little out of my price range.  Does anybody have a used one they are willing to part with?  My budget is about $500.  
Thanks,

Elysia

Post # 71
852 posts
Busy bee

Post # 72
34 posts
Newbee

@ktprieto:

You look SO pretty in your dress!! I can not wait to wear it!!! 

Post # 73
1369 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Here’s my 1992- I get to wear her in 9 days! Not the best picture, but you get the idea

Post # 74
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@misskoala: Beautiful!  So exciting! I hope all went well! πŸ™‚

Post # 75
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@ADKgirlie: Only a few weeks until your wedding, hooray!  Be sure to come back and post pictures so that we can see your dress.

I have been so torn on which dress to pick, but I think you ladies have convinced me that this might be my dress too – you all look SO beautiful!

The topic ‘Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors