(Closed) Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 76
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Gibbs42  

Hi everyone! I just got my alterations done on my 1992! I love my dress, however, I noticed that the seamtress at my shop did something strange to my dress around the waistline.  It seems like for some reason she pinched the dress around the waistline so it is all bunched up all along the whole waistline.. I don’t know why she would do this to the dress, but I told her immediately to fix it… I am just worried that she isn’t going to be able to and my dress will be ruined.. my wedding is in 23 days! 🙁  What do you all think?? 

Post # 77
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am so happy I found this site. I just bought the 1992 in white/white/silver. After sitting afew days i got really worried about the silver since I tried it on in ivory/ivory/champagne. This pictures helped soooo much, I know i made the right choice!

Thank you to everyone who posted and I will definitely help out by posting mine in the future!

Post # 78
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m getting the 1992 but I still haven’t decided what color.  I tried on the ivory/ivory/champagne but after seeing all of the white/white/silver’s I’m leaning towards that color.

Post # 79
1369 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

more pictures of my dress:

Post # 80
1369 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Annnnnd a few more:

Post # 81
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Has anyone ordered this dress in White/White/Champagne? I am SO in love with this dress and I really need white for my skin tone (I have an olive skin tone and while the ivory is very beautiful it makes me look a bit yellow in lighting)I’m skeptical about white/white/silver because I havent seen it yet either and I’ve never been a fan of silver beading! SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECT ME TO PICTURES of either White/White/Champagne or White/White/Silver! I would be forever greatful!!

Post # 82
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

This dress is so beautiful! I emailed a few of you, but if you know of anyone who is selling a Casablanca 1992 dress size 16 or 18 I would really love to buy it from you. I tried on this dress before looking at the price – oops…now it is all I can think about. My mom loves it on me and my dad about cried when he saw it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

Post # 83
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

White/white/silver   Just did my first fitting!!!!  P.S also added box pleats to the waist so I would have more volume

Post # 85
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi bees!

I too am a Casablanca 1992 bride and was wondering if any of you wore or are planning on wearing a slip. If so, what type of slip did you wear? I was told by the woman at the bridal suite that I need to wear a slip so that the dress does not go through my legs while I walk.

I recently tried my dress on with a medium a-line slip and thought it poofed the dress out too much. The smaller/less poofy slip seemed to be too much as well. I would like the same look that is posted in the majority of the pictures in this thread – the dress looks perfect!

Thanks everyone!

The topic ‘Any Casablanca 1992 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors