(Closed) Any Casablanca 2017 bustle pics/recommendations out there?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2003

I wore CB 1914, and the gal made a really pretty bustle…

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have the same dress (Casablanca 2017) and am thinking about using a ballroom bustle because I love to dance want the ability to move without fearing for my gown getting destroyed (30 roudy, drinking fireman will do that to a girl’s wedding dress)!

Also, something to think about is getting a cheap reception dress (something you can easily find shortly after the high school dance season, March-May) that can be in a similar color to your wedding colors or white. The best thing about the repection dress is it is something you can rewear and you will treasure it because you wore it on your wedding. If it’s white you could even dye it to a nice dark metallic color, which will go with more!

Good luck and keep me posted with what you decide to go with for a bustle!!!

~ Jess

Post # 6
12 posts
Newbee

Yes, I did have them change it to a sweetheart neckline – you can see it in the reflection of the mirror. However I am going to need to take it in the bust, even with the change in the neckline. I asked them to do a “soft sweetheart” that way the tops were not like v-points (but that was a preferance issue). Also as you can see from the picture – I also customized my gown to have a longer train.

Ballroom Bustle: This bustle can really make a statement. It is ideal for a bride who loves the look of a fuller skirt. When done correctly a ballroom bustle can make it look as if your dress has no train at all. Technically speaking, a ballroom style bustle is an over bustle but is it created by several connection points across the bottom of the bodice. The end result should be the look of a seamless skirt.

And here’s the French Bustle: The traditional French bustle uses sewn in ties (typically 3-5 points of connection) that ultimately connect to create the bustle. This type of bustle is ideal for heavier fabrics and long trains. It also creates a timeless classic look. It can also be done on many different  gown styles. If you like the look of a fuller bustle, but also want a timeless classical look, Concept Wed stylists recommend going with the French.

I keep bouncing between the two because the French has that security that I’d like, but the Ballroom would pick the gown up off the floor when I dance… I’m have a bustle fitting at the end of March, so I’ll take pictures of both a French and a Ballroom and post them for you.

~ Jess

Post # 8
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just bought this same dress Thursday night!

Collins to Martinshuck – I’m wondering, did you have the “soft sweetheart” neckline done by Casablanca upon ordering or did you get it in and have a seamstress do it?

Also…you look GORGEOUS! 🙂

YAY for Casablanca 2017!!

Post # 9
12 posts
Newbee

@happyjoy:  Yes I did have Casablanca do the “soft sweetheart”, as well as the train extension. I also ordered extra lace so I could make a cathedral veil and a fitted jacket that would match. I would love to see pictures of you in this breath-taking choice of a gown! Casablanca 2017 spirit!!!

To all on this post: what are you gals doing for shoes? I wanted to get a pair with roses on them, but couldn’t find anything I liked, so I went with a pair of Menbur’s Novias because they seemed to match the dress the best…(but I need reassurance that I didn’t make a mistake!)

Post # 10
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@collins-to-martinshuck:  OMG. The shoes are perfect! I am a real clumsy person, so I am probably going to wear ballet slippers or ballet-style flats. Those shoes are beautiful!

Regarding “soft sweetheart” is that the actual term of the neckline? It is exactly what I want for mine, I have huge girls that I’m not trying to showcase, I just really don’t like the straight across cut.

I called today to see if I can change it a bit, they said they weren’t sure if she’d placed the order yet, but if she hadn’t, they’ll put it in, I just need to give an example of a Casablanca dress that has what I want as far as neckline goes.

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee

@happyjoy:  The “soft sweetheart” term is what my seamstress (also the owner of the bridal store) called it because I specifically told her that I did not want pointy tops, I wanted a nice round curve on the top. She had to measure my chest from where the top of the bodice was to where I wanted the bottom of the dip to be. I really appreciated that because it allowed me to control how modest I wanted to make the neckline.

Post # 16
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@juliapotpie:  is there a name for this bustle, sooo pretty! 🙂

The topic ‘Any Casablanca 2017 bustle pics/recommendations out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors