116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Sorry I’m not your date twin.. mine’s 3 days before though.. x

Post # 4
1966 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have a friend whos getting married the same day but dont think shes on weddingbee …. but im close june22, 2012!

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

DATE TWIN!!  I’m from Harrisburg Pennsylvania area… I’m having a midsummer nights dream/ enchanted forest theme with different shades of green with brown and white accents! Our ceremony is on the stage at an old theater and the reception is upstairs =)

I bought my dress/ wedding bands/ invitations/ BM’s lanterns/ stuff to make my bouquet/ a bunch of various decorations/ my shoes & veil/ booked our venue/ found our photographer/ found our dj’s/ got a garter and throw away bouquet/ bought all the crystal candy dishes/ my grandmother booked my hair/nails and makeup/ got a cake topper

Post # 6
47 posts
Newbee

I’m a date twin too!   I’m from Long Island, NY and we’re having out wedding at a club that is on the water. We are having an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour, so I hope it’s a nice day!   Our colors are hydrangea blue and off white.  We’ve booked the venue, I have picked out a dress and bridesmaids dresses (and bridesmaids!) but that’s pretty much as far as we’ve gotten so far!  It’s so much fun though!

Post # 7
1003 posts
Bumble bee

Date twin! For now anyways. I may move it to the Friday depending on the JOP situation. I have noticed that this is a popular date in 2012.

Post # 8
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am a tentative date twin! Hopefully we will put down deposits soon 🙂

Post # 9
1359 posts
Bumble bee

Not a date twin, but the weekend before. : ) We are planning an intimate, indie, brunch wedding. The ceremony is on a dock on a lake in a park, and the reception is in a historic brick building with big bay windows right behind it. Our colors are peach, apricot, and seafoam, but with a lot of other colorful details thrown in. So far we’ve booked our venue, caterer, and officiant. I’ve tried on dresses a couple times but haven’t decided on anything yet. I’ve also started playing around with centerpiece ideas.

Post # 10
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am a date twin!!! 🙂  We have our reception venue, we’ve asked a few members of our bridal party (namely the maid of honor, best man, and one groomsman and bridesmaid…we weren’t asking people until later this month, but they happened to be in town last weekend, so we asked them a bit early), we know who is marrying us, and we have a photographer. I had found a picture of a dress that I liked, but it is now discontinued, so I may be going a different route! We have our colors picked out, for the most part, and I have found a bridesmaid’s dress that I kind of like.

I feel like it’s a lot, but then I also feel a bit behind, too :-). Oh well, that’s why we have over a year, right?

Post # 11
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am a date twin!!

I am doing a big backyard wedding at my parents house. They got 11 acres, most of that is forest, but the backyard part is still 3? Tons of trees and what not. 

So we are doing a casual, romantic fun but elegant vintagey wedding. 

I got my colours and everything MAPPED out, but haven’t booked/bought anything. And we haven’t dealt with bridal party (which is going to be… ugh)

Like I started dress shopping, got ideas for everything, having trouble with the photographer part tho…. 

Post # 12
11 posts
Newbee

Date Twin!!! I’m from California and we’re planning an evening winery wedding.  I have changed my mind about colors like a gazillion times, but it is finally settled on green, white and black.  I’ve booked the venue, and photographer, and I have my dress and that’s about it!  I have ideas of where I am going to go for other vendors, but nothing set in stone yet.

Post # 13
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I am also a date twin…we don’t really have a theme for our wedding, though we are getting married in a gazebo by a lake at a very pretty venue.  My main color is navy blue with champagne accents.  I’m from Pittsburgh, PA (not in the city though).

So far we have:

1. Reception site/ceremony venue (same place)

2. Photographer (my SIL)

3. Cake person (my older sister makes everyone in my family’s cake as the wedding gift)

4. DJ (my brother friend who is a DJ and was in a wedding band for 15 years said if I feed him, he’ll dj for free)

5. I know what shoes I want, but haven’t bought them yet because I’m still losing weight.

6. We have our invitation packet but haven’t printed them yet (yay Joanns!)

7. Also have our seating placecards, but haven’t printed those yet.

8. I have my wedding dress and it’s hanging in my closet.

9. My sister’s Maid/Matron of Honor dress is also hanging in my closet.

10. I have 2 friends who would like to create a wedding video for me, and I said yes.  I wasn’t planning on having a videographer, so I consider this a bonus.

11. My really good friend, who is an ordained minister, is going to marry us.

Can we say I started planning early?  I’m not patient and I like to have things taken care of.

Post # 15
27 posts
Newbee

Date Twin!!!

We are getting married in Wolfeboro, New Husband. Our venue is an old farm. We are having a vintage/rustic elegance theme for the wedding. Our colors are plum (to match my super amazing non traditional amethyst engagement ring), green, ivory, and burlap.

So far I have…

bought my dress

put the venue on hold, go to see it next Sunday

picked our wedding party

picked a caterer just need to put down a deposit

And picked our cake design and discussed potential flavors with the baker!

and thats about it! Lots more to do!

The topic ‘Any date twins?? June 23rd 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors