(Closed) Any December 2011 brides out there?

posted 7 years ago in December 2011
Post # 3
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I’m a 12/3/11 bride 🙂  I did send save the date cards–little magnets with our photo on them, along with the basic info. People seemed to like that! We’ve been engaged forever so I think folks were really excited to see that, indeed, it IS actually happening!

We need to get an officiant and work on centerpieces & flowers, but the other big stuff is pretty much nailed down. Venue (and food), dress, cake, DJ, tux, registries, bridal party invites are all taken care of.  We’ve ALmost picked our invitations but I’m waiting for a sample from the vendor to see the paper quality etc.

I can’t believe it’s approaching now…I keep thinking “oh, I have plenty of time” and it’s getting closer to that being not true; uh oh!

Post # 4
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m also a 12/3/11 bride! We’ve been moving along with planning and have gotten the word out to friends and relatives about the date. We are following a friend’s suggestion to send out save-the-dates about 6 months in advance, so we are probably going to send them out early this summer.

We’ve got our venue, photographer, band, and DOC/florist. We are meeting with a caterer and officiant this weekend. The big thing I’m missing is the dress, I feel like I’m falling behind on that one! We’re also not sure about cake and have made no progress yet on registries. We’ve also started ordering invitation samples because we want to try to take care of all of our paper goods at once.

I agree with Bunny, I keep thinking how far away it is, but we’re coming up on 9 months now!

Post # 5
135 posts
Blushing bee

I am also a December 3, 2011 bride. I have been engaged since December 15 and I feel like the time has been flying. I know the Wedding Date will be here in a blink of an eye. So far, I have booked our Cermony at the church and our reception hall, booked our DJ and Im finishing up our Save The Dates to be sent out. I have looked at dresses, but I havent fell IN LOVE with any of them yet. Congrats to all the December Brides especially December 3rd.

Post # 6
173 posts
Blushing bee

Hi fellow December bees! I feel a little left out not being a December 3 bride!!

We have nailed down venue (includes cake and catering!), ceremony location and officiant, dj, photographer, dress (!!!!!), bridesmaid dresses. WHOA – can’t believe we’ve done that much and we’ve only been engaged since December 22! What cracks me up is that I thought I’d hate planning but I am totally loving it.

We are hoping to get engagement photos toward end of April or May when it’s nicer outside and we’ll use those for our Save the Dates. 

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee

OMG you guys are way ahead of me!  I thought I was right on schedule!  I’m a 12/11/11 bride and we’ve just nailed down an AWESOME venue that is absolutely perfect for us!  I feel as if I’ve cheated a bit though since our venue is all-inclusive with everything taken care of from the ceremony to the reception, to the food, to the DJ to the floral arrangements!  Honestly, it’s made my life 70 times easier!

Aside from that, still need to lock in our colors/themes, centerpieces, bouquets, photographer, officiant, FH’s suit, bridesmaid/groomsmen attire, registry, Save-The-Date Cards, invites, etc.  Good news though: I went to try on dresses for the very first time this past weekend and I think I’ve already found my dress, seriously!!!!!!  We’re also most likley going to do our Engagement pics in April or May when its nicer outside.  Time is moving extremely fast…9 months and counting bees!!!!

Post # 8
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@BeaverBeavette: It sounds like you are right on schedule, especially with a venue that includes all of that. That sounds great!

I still have tons of stuff left to do, and you’re right, time is flying! I can’t believe it’s less than 9 months to go already. I was thinking we still had lots of time before Save-The-Date Cards had to go out, but I realized this week that we’ll have to send them out in a just a couple of months. I better get on that!

Post # 9
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hey Ladies!!  We’re getting married December 29 (a semi-destination wedding in FL).  We took e-photos a couple weeks ago, so as soon as we get those I’ll order STDs!  They’re already designed it’s just an “insert photo” and they’re done and ready to be mailed!  Other than that we have our venue and photographer booked at this point.

Post # 10
599 posts
Busy bee

I’m a 12/31/11 bride. We have the venue, caterer, officiant, band, photographer, dress and registries. Planning on getting std’s done next month.

The topic ‘Any December 2011 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors