(Closed) Any dress twins? DB WG3707

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Also, I’m really debating adding thin straps so I’m not worried about pulling it up all night

Post # 32
906 posts
Busy bee

juneberries: It’s actually a headband! All of the belts they had looked too big and bulky. I’m going to order something similar and have it stitched onto to the dress in alterations, with either pearls or a little bit of bling. 

Post # 33
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Im going to wear it as is for the ceremony but then I think I might put on a jacket at the reception & maybe wear it to & from venues. Just to feel a bit more comfortable & so Im not cold.

Ive been adding a little Coco Chanel inspiration so I would either go for a white/cream or black chanel like jacket (if I can find something like that) or something like this…

http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/HM-Conscious-Black-tuxedo-Jacket-Women.jpg

Post # 34
636 posts
Busy bee

raliel:  I love how delicate it looks. It’s like the perfect amount. 

Post # 35
908 posts
Busy bee

I went to pick up my dress today! I STILL love it!!! I was expecting it to have maybe alittle stiffness but I really didnt notice that. I was expecting it to fit & just have to have it shortened but even though the bust fit perfect it was still a tiny bit big on the sides & its a size 0 lol. I NEVER expected that. Oh well its not to much to alter. The only thing was it was pretty wrinkled. Im happy though!!! It still is THE DRESS!!!!!

While we were there we did mother of the bride/moh dress (my mom is both) & she found & we purchased a dress. At first I thought it was beautiful the bottom of it mimics my dress with the box pleats but with a little sparkle on the top & wondered if it made my dress a little to understated & I would have to add a little to mine which I REALLY didnt want to do but when our consultant took my dress out of the bag & held it up to hers mine was still REALLY special & hers was just the PERFECT beautiful compliment to mine. So I dont have to change a thing & she gets a little sparkle which she likes.  

Heres her dress….

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_3-4-Shimmer-Lace-Sleeves-Dress-with-Shantung-Skirt-JHDM7001?cm_mmc=GMCPLA-_-ClothingAccessoriesDressesWomenMotheroftheBrideDresses-_-JHDM7001-_-34ShimmerLaceSleeveDresswithShantungSkirt&utm_source=GMCPLA&utm_medium=ProductFeed&utm_term=ClothingAccessoriesDressesWomenMotheroftheBrideDresses&utm_content=JHDM7001&utm_campaign=34ShimmerLaceSleeveDresswithShantungSkirt&mr:referralID=2a1606d3-ba43-11e5-b0f7-0050569451e5&gclid=CPzVypPop8oCFYMXHwod4OULRQ

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  tiffany7.
Post # 36
636 posts
Busy bee

tiffany7:  are you doing a belt or having the dress as is? 

Post # 37
908 posts
Busy bee

The dress as is. I fell in love & bought the dress because of its simplicity & elegance. I love all the pleating details. I dont want to cover that up. Plus Ive just never been a fan of bling. 

Post # 38
636 posts
Busy bee

tiffany7:  I’m 100% with you. However I did like the one poster who used the headband

Post # 39
908 posts
Busy bee

Yeah thats perfect if you wanted a touch of sparkle because its delicate.

The first dress I tried on had a staight strapless neckline & very simple a line shape no pleating details at the waist & I would have added something like hers to that dress for sure. 

Post # 40
859 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Hi ladies!!! I just tried this dress on an hour ago and I AM IN LOVE!

My dilemma is that, in the sample, I could very easily see that outline of the pockets and they told me there is nothing they could do about it. Did any of you have this problem? I want the pockets but if the outline is visible, I will probably end up cutting them out which is sad : ( lol

Post # 41
908 posts
Busy bee

Thats weird that you could see the pocket outline. I couldnt see it on the sample or when mine came in. If I hadnt seen it online first I wouldnt have even known it had pockets. The pockets are one on my favorite parts of the dress. It would be a shame to cut them out. Maybe its just the sample & the one in your size wouldnt have this problem?

Post # 42
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

im a dress twin too! I plan to put a long sleeve silk bodysuit Under it. I tried it on and I was sold. 

Post # 43
908 posts
Busy bee

hajdu:  Did you find that long sleeve body suit at Davids too? I would love to see a photo of it. 

Post # 44
636 posts
Busy bee

I didn’t have any issues with the pockets being visable. 

are you guys planning on wearing a slip? And what about accessories? Veils/ hair pieces? 

And also new picture because I picked her up the other day! 

Post # 45
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Saint Domingue

berrybunny:  It’s absolutely gorgeous.  Don’t do anything to the dress itself, please.  It’s just perfect!  (I’m hoping I can get a nickle from every time someone on here unnecessarily says, “Maybe add a blingy sash or belt,” become a millionaire and lobby in Congress that the blingy belt fad must end!  Too many perfectly gorgeous gowns unnecessarily embellished, IMO!)  

You look gorgeous!  Perfect choice! 

The topic ‘Any dress twins? DB WG3707’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors