(Closed) Any dress twins? DB WG3707

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 46
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

immoralbeloved:  I agree. Im not wearing any belt with it. It has those lovely pleats at the waist & a belt would either cover those or take away from it & maybe even look out of place. I love simplicity of the dress but thats just my style.

juneberries:  Im wear very little accessories. I got my veil & shoes with my first dress which was tea length & I traded it for this one. Luckily shoes & veil go. The veil is a two tier simple elbow length & my shoes are satin ballet flats with bows in the back. 

I was trying to figure out what to do for the reception once I take off the veil. I dont want anything that I have to fuss with. I was thinking about the flower crown. Yours looks lovely by the way.

Then today I was watching Say Yes to the Dress & there was this petite bride that had a dress similar to ours & wore a bird cage & I really loved it! I remember when I was trying on veils & things with my tea length dress I tryed on this bird cage headband that both me & my mom thought was nice but not fancy or bridal enough with my tea length dress but we thought it might be fun for the reception. I think I might revisit that with my new dress. 

Post # 47
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

tiffany7:  you wouldnt happen to have a picture of you in your dress with your veil do you? 

Post # 48
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

tiffany7:  nope. I gotta order else where 🙁 

Post # 49
385 posts
Helper bee

My inspiration was a mash up of these 2 dresses btw. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Haageedoo.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Haageedoo.
Post # 50
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Have you thought of a topper? 

Post # 51
908 posts
Busy bee

juneberries:  Unfortunately I when I brought my veil to try on with the dress I didnt even think to take a photo. When I do I will post though. 

hajdu: Oh ok. So were you able to try your dress on with the bodysuit?

I was inspired by that last photo too. I love the sweater look with the skirt. If I was having a winter wedding Id probably throw a sweater over my dress for the reception. 

Post # 52
908 posts
Busy bee

juneberries:  Forgot to mention wont be wearing a slip with my dress. I am probably going to go braless too but then Im small busted. I just want to be comfortable. 

Post # 53
385 posts
Helper bee

tiffany7:  I didn’t have the under top when I tried On the dress. I’m sweating major bullets over it!

Post # 54
908 posts
Busy bee

hajdu: When you get the under top you can always go back & try on the dress again with it. 

juneberries:  Also didnt find any veils that I liked at Davids so I got my veil at Wendys Bridal. That was when I was looking for a veil for my tea length dress. I might have found a veil at Davids if I was looking for this dress but then again I love things more simplistic & that seems to be kind of hard to find. 

Post # 55
908 posts
Busy bee

Is anyone planning on bustling their dress? I dont know whether I want to or not but it might be necessary. I was told that besides the typical bustles they could also do an under bustle that wouldnt be noticeable. 

Post # 56
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

OMG you guys! I picked up my WG3707 two days ago, and today I’m looking at my pictures wondering if I look pregnant. I also have been looking at wedding photogs and getting dress envy on some of the more body-hugging styles. Reading all your posts has made me feel quite a bit better… Thanks!

I’m starting a new thread for this dress/twins. Here’s the link http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/dress-twins-davids-wg-3707/

Post # 57
240 posts
Helper bee

tiffany7:  yup- bustling… its called a ballroom bustle i think? it goes underneath so as not to mess up the aesthetic of the back of the dress with the pleats and buttons. They said it would probably take 7-9 points to do it, around $90 at my local DB

Post # 58
240 posts
Helper bee

hajdu:  Any new pic with the body suit and gown? I’m really interested to see what it looks like. sounds very modern and interesting!

Post # 59
385 posts
Helper bee

FutureMrsKuncho:  I actually returned the dress for a wtoo vega dress!

Post # 60
186 posts
Blushing bee

Stunning dress. I too find bridal belts a completely unnecessary embellishment and actually think that in most cases they detract from the sophisticated elegance of a dress. Sashes are a fairly recent trend and I feel that they will become as dated as padded sleeves within a few years.

The topic ‘Any dress twins? DB WG3707’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors