Post # 1
We’re looking to book a destination wedding, and I’m considering the Secrets Azul in Cozumel. My question is whether you have any experience with these pre packaged wedding deals that they offer?
Some are free: http://www.memorablemomentsweddings.com/Karisma-Design-Event-AlwaysandForever.cfm?agencyID=0&otherLinkTest=0
And some are close to 3 grand: http://www.memorablemomentsweddings.com/Karisma-MM-home.cfm?agencyID=0&otherLinkTest=0
SO, naturally I’d love to know if you have any tidbits of info for me. I’m a little nervous about either forking out 3k and getting this super gettho wedding, or try saving the cash and getting more of the same as if I had paid.
Post # 2
Head over to best destination weddings.com and join the forum there. Tons of karisma brides who can share info and advice!
Post # 3
Oh great, thanks for the tip 🙂
Post # 4
nambi_pambi: what resort did you select?
Post # 5
Lol, we still haven’t chosen yet! I had to focus on finishing up school, but school is just about over and I can start thinking about this again:) We had a long weekend recently and I started some more research, and I have included the Secrets resorts to my list of stuff to look into further.
CONTRI: Are you planning a destination wedding as well? If so what are your plans?
Post # 6
nambi_pambi: Yes 🙂 I did select the Riviera Maya and visited those resorts you mentioned. It is realy nice and classy…a bit out of the budget for guests
Post # 7
I’m getting married at the El Dorado, part of the adults only Karisma line. The free wedding package is very bare-bones, so unless you just want an officiant and seats for guests, you will want to add on to the package. They have a full selection of options to include to customize your wedding ceremony, and they are more affordable than the ultra-luxurious $3000 package. You can find their pre-packaged selections here: http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/planning/
Things to keep in mind:
– The basic package includes a ceremonial table and chairs for your guests (unlimited standard seats, no decor) and an officiant
– The “Free Package” is based on someone in the group spending min 7 nights in a “qualifying room category”; if no one stays in that category or higher, there is a package price of $950USD
– You can request quotes for anything you think you might like even if its not on their list of pre-set package items. Your wedding planning and involvement can be as easy or intense as you want it to be.
– There are certain vendors that have contracts with the hotel (ex – florist, DJ, photog), you can bring in your own vendor but there are steep penalty fees to do so
– The extra perks include: a semi-private dinner where you choose the menu, plus perks for the bride and groom after the wedding (we have a breakfast in bed and a beachfront candlelit dinner). You also get a wedding coordinator – mine is awesome!
– Leave yourself more of a planning buffer than you think: each email takes around 2-3 business days for a response, so everything takes that little bit longer.
– The cost is fairly high for guests: I’m not sure how the Azul compares, but the guest rooms at the El Dorado are on the higher end of the budget (2500-3000 CDN all in for 7 days). If your guests can afford a more luxurious vacation, then these resorts should definitely be looked at
– I think they have a promo on right now for US residents that book their wedding, where you get a free catered private event
Hope this helps!
Post # 8
Hi there! I am getting married in Riviera Maya (el dorado casitas). My fiancé and I decided to celebrate just the two of us. Upon return we will have a reception. We are spending 7 nights. We have booked Sarani as our photographer. We are having a candle light dinner on the beach and ordered a small wedding cake. I am sooo excited!