Post # 1
- Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club
I’m hosting a baby shower for my Maid/Matron of Honor (YAY!) this coming weekend and I was wondering what games have you played at a baby shower that were actually fun for everyone involved?
Post # 3
Well the guess how big around mom is with a string is a classic. At mine we also did make a baby out of clay and me and my husband got to choose the one we liked the best. That was hilarious!! If your husband is involved my host had him do a survey before the party and then during the party asked me what I thought he put for the answers. Kinda like the newlywed game. That was really fun too!!
Post # 4
I really love guess the baby food – Its harder than you may think! You just need like 6 jars of baby food and some popsicle sticks for tasting. Everyone tastes each jar and writes down what they think it is. Whoever gets the most right wins a prize 🙂
don’t say baby or baby’s name is always a classic – people get really competetive too! when people arrive you give them each a necklace and if you hear someone say baby you take their necklace. whoever has the most at the end of the shower wins. If someone has 5 necklaces and someone else catches them saying baby or another word on the do not say list they can take ALL of that persons’s necklaces.
Post # 5
Here are the most popular ones I’ve played:
- Bottle Chug – Who can chug a baby bottle fastest (can also be a couples game…one person squeezes the bottle while the other chugs. For adults it can be beer. For kids it can be juice.)
- Feed the Baby – Either couples (someone feeds the other) or individual – whoever finishes their baby food first wins. Can be played with kids.
- Baby Pictionary – Played in teams. Have people draw baby stuff. Examples: diaper rash, pacifier, ultrasound, stretch marks, etc.
- Dress the Baby – Played in teams. Use toilet paper to dress one person in each team as a baby. Couple chooses winner.
- Dirty Diaper – Number 5-10 diapers. Melt different types of chocolate (like Hersheys, Reeses, etc) in separate diapers. Have people figure out what chocolate is in each diaper.
- Baby Hot Potato – Like musical chairs/hot potato but you pass around a baby doll. Fun with kids.
- The Price is Right – Have guests estimate the costs of popular baby items.
Post # 6
I’ve done a matching game before where the prizes are a relating candy bar. You can either have a piece of paper with each listed and they have to match them, or you do a big board with numbers 1-x and the words are underneath. Each person takes a turn matching and whichever match you get you win a candy bar for.
Here were some examples:
-11 pound babies = whoppers
-mom alone time = zero
-triplets – 3 muskateers
I found this to be one of my favorites and they have a bridal shower version as well.
Post # 7
I am planning a baby shower and we are decorating onsies for the baby. Not a fan of poopy diaper sniffing.
Post # 8
What you need:
Plain paper plates
Everyone gets a plate and a marker. You ask everyone to place the plate on top of their head; then ask them to draw a baby! This is the most hilarious game! Then have the player write their name on the opposite side of the drawing. Collect the plates and have the mommy to be pick her favorite. The winner receives a prize!
Post # 9
A couple friends and I threw a baby shower for one of our friends last year and we did Gift Bingo. It is so easy and doesn’t involve much. I just made up Bingo “cards” using a grid in Word and printed multiple copies. Then, right before the mother-to-be started opening her gifts, we passed the cards out with pens and told people to fill in the empty squares with different baby items that you might see as gifts (the middle was a ‘Free’ square). After everyone was done doing that, the mother-to-be started opening gifts and if she opened something that was one of the words someone wrote on their card then they got to mark it off. The first person with a Bingo won a small prize. It was really fun and easy and kept the guests entertained!
ETA- We actually bought a few $5 gift certificates as prizes so there was more than one winner and it made the game last a little longer.