(Closed) Any Insurance bees?

posted 4 years ago in Career
Post # 4
Member
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

What line of insurance are you interested in?  Sales?  Claims?  Health and Life?  Auto and Home?   

I work in Auto Casualty claims And could give some insight, but it really depends on what you are looking to pursue.   

Post # 5
Member
6806 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I work in health insurance.  As a pp said what kind of insurance are you looking to get into

Post # 6
Member
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@soon2bS:  

I could do work with you or your coworkers, I’m in insurance defense!

Post # 7
Member
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@meke:  I’ll bet you’re right!  I work in Charlotte for one of the big 3 companies.   I’ve always wanted to switch over to the legal side.  🙂

Post # 9
Member
12259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

DH works in insurance! He works in auto damage management, which would be a pretty huge jump! What do you want to do with insurance?

Post # 10
Member
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am an insurance agent in CT, I write mainly personal lines such as homes autos ect but can also write commercial if I wanted to. What type of insurance are you looking to get into? Theres so many different kinds out there! lol

Post # 11
Member
12259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@soontobemrsm11:  DH works in auto damage at one of the VERY big companies, and says 99% of his job is fighting with people, and the remaining 1% is traveling/meetings. He works from home, and travels to manage his 8 auto damage adjusters (generally winthin two hours of travel).

When there’s a major event (like Hurricane Sandy), he gets called to “Cat Duty” (Catastrophe Duty), and it gone from one week to one month. He gets a MAJOR compensation for them, though. And there’s ony like 2 a year.

He goes to one or two meetings a week, and generally works 50-80 hours a week. On the bright side, he’s salaried at 80K+bonus+Cat Duty

That being said, he has worked with four women in the last 6 years, and three of them quit within a few years. Auto damage is a real sausage fest, and most people quit in the first year or two! It’s people yelling at you all day long about how their ’92 BMW is TOTALLY WORTH $16,947, NOT THE $599 YOU’RE TRYING TO GIVE ME FOR IT.

Post # 13
Member
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

OP, I work for an insurance company that provides insurance to other businesses. I am in administration though, and I can tell you that the salaries in general are fairly high across the board here.

Post # 14
Member
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I work in Insurance – Employee Benefits for a BROKER.  I’ve been doing it for 8 years but I hate it.  It’s not fulfilling, stressful, overwhelmnig etc

Post # 15
Member
12259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@soontobemrsm11:  He works in management… Starting salaries for auto damage (at the company he works for) adjusters is like 45K plus overtime. His next promotion is only a 5% raise (and he gets a 2-5% raise every year), but the one after that includes bonuses between 30 and 100% of his salary!

But as far as he knows, any supervisor/manager positions and higher are EXTREMELY well-paid… Mostly because of the incredible stress!

Post # 16
Member
6806 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@soontobemrsm11:  I work for the largest health insurance co in the USA.  What I do is work for a dept does small group changes. So if a group is going through their renewal and want to change say their medical I change that and so much more.  We are hiring all over the place for my CO

The topic ‘Any Insurance bees?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors