(Closed) Any Jewel JL118 Brides out there? Show me your dress in action!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ysl1983: HI! I am sure this answer is a bit too late to your post but I just purchased the Jewel JL118 a few months ago. I actually had a hard time trying to find it because it was from an older line and they removed it from the website. When I found out that P of B was going out of business I found the dress as a sample in South Carolina…lucky! My wedding isn’t until August 4, 2012 but if you still wanted to see pictures of it, let me know and i’ll try to remember this summer

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee

@ysl1983:  i haven’t had the opportunity to have it altered yet…BUT i know exactly what you are talking about. when the dress came in and i tried it on…..the boobs ARE pointy and it isn’t tight to the skin (i’m afraid someone looking down at me will get a good show!)  i have been having the same thoughts for awhile now…wondering if they can take some of that pointiness out and pull that top of the dress tighter to my bust/skin……here’s hoping!!

btw – i think someone told me that the top is fluted or something? it sort of scallops and trumpets OUT as opposed to close to the skin….i did NOT know this when i bought it…..

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee

oh that is awesome!!! would love to see pics (if you have time – i’m sure you are busy busy busy!!) haha – where are you located? maybe i can use your seamstress!! haha

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee

@ysl1983:  oh my goodness!! there are no words to describe how beautiful you look!!!! (and the dress looks amazing too!) 🙂

I love your veil!! Oddly enough, I was just talking to my mom over the weekend about how i’m behind on finding a veil and she told me she wants me to look at cathedral veils….I can see that it looks awesome with the dress and on you!

I’m not sure how my seamstress is going to bustle the dress…but she did mention “under” and not over? I’m not sure what any of that means! I’m afraid that I’m still going to end up with the “pointy” boob look though because when I mentioned to her I wanted her to try and eliminate that she said there was too much boning in the dress and she would have to take the entire dress apart to do it (which sounded like a “i can’t”)……so when I go back for my next fitting….I’ll bring it up to her again….

Again, you look incredible…congratulations!!!!

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee

okay…so my wedding was 8/4/12 — which was a few months ago …but i’m finally hopping back on here to post some pictures!!! 🙂 the day was HOT HOT HOT …95 degrees here in Pittsburgh…haha we were melting..but it turned out to be beautiful. These pictures are from our photographer ….dress turned out perfectly – it was originally a size 10 that my seamstress cut down to a size 4! she removed a layer from underneath as well so it wasn’t quite as full and the pointy boob look was much less noticeable haha (although, someone did step on my bustle at the end of the night and tore it down…bummer 🙁 going to have to get that fixed!!)

The topic ‘Any Jewel JL118 Brides out there? Show me your dress in action!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors