(Closed) any july 5th 2013 brides out there?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@PinkGlitterGirl:  7/5/13 is our date! Fiance and I have hosted a huge family party on the 4th of July for the past seven years, so it made sense for us to have our BIGGEST party yet around the holiday.  We thought about actually getting married on July 4th but none of the churches in the area will be open. I’m looking forward to all the fireworks during the weekend! What a better way to celebrate, right??

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee

@PinkGlitterGirl:  I do admit that having a Friday wedding is a bit more budget friendly – just another plus for the date!

We are sending out Save the Dates as early holiday cards…we are having a pretty small affair so 99% of the people invited will already know the date, but it doesn’t hurt.  Family needs to travel from San Fransisco, LA and Michigan to Central Oregon (which is kinda remote) so we wanted to give them as much time as possible to make travel arrangements.  Also, this way I don’t have to send out STD cards AND Xmas cards!!

Family and friends have been really excited about the date so far…many people have kids, so they will be out of school, and our friends were planning on taking a long weekend anyways.

We’re not really involving traditional “Fourth of July” motifs or themes in the wedding though…are you?

Post # 6
857 posts
Busy bee

Hey, i’m a 7/3 bride and i’m jumping in since you’re my date neighbors!

I’ve been really suprised at the reaction the date has gotten – people are so excited for it and think it’s an awesome idea. That’s my biggest relief!

Since we’re having a rock and roll/retro wedding, we’re going for light blue and red – so there’s some July 4 hints there, but it’s not going to slap you in the face with patriotism! 

Post # 9
857 posts
Busy bee

@PinkGlitterGirl:  Fiance has played in bands nearly his entire life … toured the country, did all of that stuff. We met at a concert and its just the obvious “theme” to go with for us.

We booked our reception at a music venue, we’re using 7″‘s as table numbers, we’re doing cassette tape place cards – things like that. 

We also MAY have a band play – either some friends bands (but it may not be so family friendly) or set up the “wedding all-stars” and have a bunch of our friends, who are in various bands, to do a short cover set. We already have an awesome DJ booked (again, another friend) and i’m looking to book the Marky Ramone food truck for catering! 

Post # 10
67 posts
Worker bee

Hey there Ladies! Another July 5 2013 date twin!  🙂   We’re having a ‘destination’ cruise wedding so our Save-The-Date Cards went out a couple of months ago already.  

Post # 11
313 posts
Helper bee

I’m a 7/5er too! Hurray! We will be doing a harbor cruise in SoCal! Getting excited!

Post # 15
313 posts
Helper bee

@PinkGlitterGirl:  We can have up to 150, but I would be happy at the 120 mark. I always envisioned a destination wedding barefoot on a beach, but my Fiance is the only boy and such a low key wedding was not an option.

Yeah! 7/5/13 totally rocks! I am stoked!

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee

Newbie to WB and a 7/5/2013 bride! Cool ideas thus far, ladies!

The topic ‘any july 5th 2013 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors