(Closed) Any June 2014 brides who've done… nothing?

posted 6 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

If you’re not ready to plan yet for fear of changing your mind, then don’t.  You still have time.  BUT make sure that you don’t do this for too long, otherwise you’ll be much more stressed than need be.

Post # 4
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Me! I want to do more, but it’s soooo far away!

Post # 5
548 posts
Busy bee

I had to book my venue and get that out of the way because the good dates get taken very quickly in my area! Some venues I looked at already had 2 out of the 4 Saturdays in June 2014 already booked! And this was a few months ago. I’m also starting to work with my caterer. I’m figuring it’s a good idea to start picking up the pace around now and start picking my other vendors. My thought process is January/February are when there are a lot of bridal shows (at leastaround here), so I don’t wanna miss out on booking who I want. And I’m happy to have a lot of time to plan so I don’t feel rushed. But I don’t want to get to the point where I have to scurry to get things together because I “thought” I had so much time. 

Post # 6
265 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t done much either. I thought i still had plenty of time until i came to weddingbee. Did not know people start planning so early. Gets me a little worried. I’m still not sure how i want my wedding…

Post # 8
55 posts
Worker bee

We started a guest list and a budget first, and went from there.

I have yet to book the venue but we did start looking as soon as we got engaged (we got engaged in early September).  We’ll probably book the venue the next Saturday we can get out there.  I’ll probably start dress shopping soon, but I won’t be looking to buy for probably another 6-8 months??  I originally wanted to do the wedding next fall but it just won’t work out $$ wise.

Post # 10
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Jezika:  I’m a June 2013 not 2014…but as another poster mentioned…the biggest money drain for us was planning too soon and then changing our minds.  It was mostly DIY projects or a million small craft store items…but yeah my advice is to just get a good well thought out plan before you start buying.

We booked all/most of our vendors at about 1 1/2 years out.  People were always like, “Huh?? Why are you bothering me so early.”  But we found good ones that were excited to work with us and…take our money!!  So, that helped since I’m in grad school and counted “in school” time as not wedding planning time.

Have fun!!

Post # 12
55 posts
Worker bee

@Jezika:  We are doing 80ish.. I want as small as possible; only close friends and family.  The guest list was literally the first thing I did so I could figure out, “OK, how much is this thing gonna cost me?!” and then we went from there.

Going for my first dress outing today since my sister is home from college. Wish me luck!!  I’m going just to get a good idea of what looks good on me.  I asked my Fiance what kind of dress and he says he wants to see boobs!  Lol men .. Wink

Post # 13
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We just decided on june 22 2014 yesterday!!! Yaaaay! We made a list and its a hard max of 150! Other than that nothing planned other than a pinterest board lol

Post # 15
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Twin Oaks Garden House

We booked our venue….which is nice….i send a check every couple of months to pay some off which is nice. an time to look at photographers and hairstylist….etc…and get 2012 rates….just know they will go up next year!

any DIY types???? i am!

Post # 16
12 posts
Newbee

So far, my Fiance and I have started our guest list, started researching nice venues in our general area, started looking at dresses (just to see what looks good on me) and have tentatively decided on the MOH/Bridesmaids and BestMan/groomsmen. I am terrible at planning but I know if I don’t plan wayyy ahead of a deadline, it won’t pull together and this is such a huge day so I’m not gonna risk waiting till the last minute.

The topic ‘Any June 2014 brides who've done… nothing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors