(Closed) Any March 2015 brides FREAKING OUT? We have 3 months!!!!

posted 5 years ago in March 2015
Post # 16
305 posts
Helper bee

cpick:  when are you getting married and where in the uk are you? i wonder where your going how exciting! Mine hen do is 28th but I planned most of it myself x 

Post # 17
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Any March 1st brides out there? I haven’t seen one yet. I am currently at 16 days out and have so many different emotions! I am excited/nervous/anxious all in one.  This past week I finished my seating chart, made my place cards, picked out the final menu options, and made the final payment to the venue.  All I have left are making the centerpieces, and then that will be everything!  I am not at all worried about getting married, just want my normal life back since I have not been able to focus on anything but wedding planning. I know everything will work out in the end and it is going to be an amazing day!

Post # 18
305 posts
Helper bee

libradana301:  hey hun not long till your big day, sounds like you have a lot done. i’m actually 28th but looking forward to start seeing all the march pictures come through x

Post # 19
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Baton Rouge, LA

holy canolli. i have 32 days. i feel like something is going to pop up last minute, but im trying to figure it all out now so it doesnt lol!! any tips from you ladies who have 2ish weeks left??

Post # 20
11 posts
Newbee

theEguarantee:  date twins!! 3/21 where are you at on your to do list?

i have to circle back to vendors, place cards (last RSVP date is saturday so we should have this covered within the next week or so) organizing everything to get to wedding(live in PA wedding in NJ) hair trial this weekend, walk through with photographers this weekend, welcome bag assembly(should get this done this week) send out rehearsal dinner actual invitations, finalize menu for rehearsal, i still need to figure out a ring bearer gifts…Ah that seems like a long list!

Post # 21
1283 posts
Bumble bee

albtrc:  im telling you, the closer we get, the longer this list seems!! im waiting for a couple emails from some vendors just verifying things. heres my to-do list-

-buy guest book pens, glass coke bottles for toasting, lighters for the candles (i DIY’d all my decor), gifts for my girl cousins who are helping pass out programs

-get marriage license, dress alterations/steamed, confirm rsvps, create week of timeline

-FI needs to get measured to order his tux

thats about it, still seems like a lot. ive been waiting til i get paid tomorrow so i can buy some of those last minute purchases! lol

Post # 22
11 posts
Newbee

theEguarantee:  I was not even nervous about anything until this week! your right tho the list seems long- EEKS! Same for me- pay day equals purchase day! haha

i forgot some things!

-print programs

-print thank you cards(for the guests at their seats at the reception)

-create an insert for welcome bags (im DIY’ing a bunch too) 

-marriage liscense (we couldnt apply until 30 days out anyways so well be taking a trip up soon)

-we did a snapfish book for our guest book, ill have to figure out what type of markers to put out with that too- thanks that reminded me ๐Ÿ˜‰ im thinking fine tip permenant markers!

-book honeymoon (my fiances mom is sick and we were delaying this until we knew she would be feeling well enough for us to be gone for a while)  i think weve decided though!! YAY!

where do you live/is your wedding? will you be taking a honeymoon??

๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 23
783 posts
Busy bee

the last month is definitely the most stressful! I had a 16 month engagement and felt no pressure/stress until the last 4 weeks. Then I started getting really anxious and freaking out. It is helpful to have to do lists, and it feels great when you can cross things off the list!

my advice is don’t leave anything until the last minute. Make sure everything is done so that you can relax the week before the wedding and enjoy yourself.

Post # 24
1283 posts
Bumble bee

albtrc:  we did a photo book for our guest book too! I plan on getting a black sharpie pen, and i wanted gold but of course it doesnt exist. i found this on etsy, ill be ordering them tomorrow & see how they work https://www.etsy.com/listing/194725001/gold-or-silver-metallic-markers-for-your

we’re doing our honeymoon end of april, and putting off booking flights til after the wedding, hopefully with our wedding gift money. We’re going to Chattanooga, TN. I remember going when i was a kid & LOVING it!! My Fiance isnt much of a beach person, so this was a good compromise for us. For our first anniversary, we’re totally going to an all inclusive resort somewhere though! lol

I live in louisiana. we’re getting married in hammond, which is ab 1 hour north of new orleans. Our theme is super new orleans flavored. my FI’s family is from wisconsin and minnesota, and a good bit of them are coming for the wedding, so they’ll get a heck of a dosage of a good louisiana wedding! lol

How about you??

Post # 25
11 posts
Newbee

theEguarantee:  that’s awesome!! i took a trip last summer to New Orleabs for a bachelorette party!! Such a fun time!! 

We living/met in Philadelphia and are getting married in North Jersey where I grew up! Catholic mass then reception on a lake (indoors of course) itll hopefully be nice but prob pretty cold! 

we are getting really excited! Our RSVP deadlines this Saturday so of course I’m stressed to the max about that! We invited 170 and hoped to be around 145, hoping the stragglers who haven’t responded are no’s! ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

well keep in touch- we’ll keep eachother in line with our to do lists!! I’m so excited for our days!!! Eeks!! 

Post # 26
1125 posts
Bumble bee

15 days left for me! Can’t wait! Still left to do:

– print out welcome and guest book signs

– pack up everything needed for reception

– iron all 19 tablecloths (least favorite thing…I’m dreading it)

– buy guest book pens

– send florist ribbon for bouquet and boutonnieres

– pick up sodas and water bottles from sams club

– buy plates/utensils/cups/napkins

– buy gifts/write thank you cards for officiant, parents, and friends helping us out the day of 

Post # 27
11 posts
Newbee

califlorican:  good LUCK its SOOOOO SOON!!!

The topic ‘Any March 2015 brides FREAKING OUT? We have 3 months!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors