(Closed) Any May 14, 2011 Brides out there?

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m a May 15th Bride and feel like I am WAYYYYY behind. I have the venue, dress (which needs some work), just ordered my invites. Still need caterer, photog, flowers, vases, etc….oh yea and dj. have a meeting with oen next week. Also have my cupcake tier but nothing signed.

you?

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m an idiot…………i’m May 2010……not 2011.

Post # 5
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am May 14, 2011! I have booked our venues, officiant, photographer, florist and transportation. I am probably a little ahead, but I live out of town, so it is a bit challenging to get everything done!

How about you danadelphia?

Post # 7
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Trinity Lutheran Church & Idlewild Country Club

Heck Yeah all 5/14/11!!

It’s about time we got excited :). My dashboard countdown says we only have 470 days left.

We’ve booked the church & reception hall (which will handle all the food, but we haven’t decided on the menu), but that’s it so far. We’ve also picked our wedding colors & asked all the bridal party. I’ve dress shopped and found the perfect one but am wait to buy it (gotta save some more $$).

It’s gonna be a busy next year & a half.

Post # 8
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have finally been able to set my date…sigh. πŸ™‚ It’s for May 14, 2011 too. πŸ™‚

I found that my venue (banquet hall in my town) is open then. I like it because it has a cute gazebo outside (where I’m hoping to have the ceremony – fingers crossed! and then an indoor reception.  It’s a place where there’s plenty of parking, has a decent area for dancefloor, seating, bar, etc. πŸ™‚ Then, if worse came to worse…coouulld have ceremony indoors..but until then, I’m excited about the outdoor ceremony in the lil’ gazebo. Yeah, it’s standing room only…buttt….I’m looking for under 100 people. The hall said they’ve done weddings out there w/ 200 people, so I should be set. πŸ™‚

I’m looking to do a heavy hors d’oeuvres reception, but I hope to add in pasta and bread and lil’ dessert stations too. πŸ™‚ It’s for a Sat. evening, cuz I want dancing all through the night kinda time and allow my guests to mingle and try all sorts of foods. I hope I can pull it off.

Anyway, yeah, I’ve been tryin to come up with ideas for a couple months now in between us getting a house too and I’m excited to finally be able to have some of these plans more concrete.

Also, was so anxious I picked up my dress from preownedweddingdress.com. Though I did try it on a couple weeks ago…but it’s not fitting quite right. Err….all the fast food and stress from moving from our apt. to the house has obviously been a deterent. However, I just HAD to get the dress and try it…since it was under $200.

Our budget…well we aren’t quite sure. It’s probably going to be $4000-5000, but that’s probably including the Honeymoon. I think….  Still workin’ on that.

ANYWAY…thanks for listening to my rant..haha. I’m just excited now that I have a date for sure! πŸ™‚

Good luck with your planning ladies. I don’t think it’s too early to start…as you can see I’m already workin’ on it too. haha.

Post # 9
375 posts
Helper bee

I too am 5/14/2011!!! 

Thanks to Smiles1979 I found this thread!  hahaha

We have hired our wedding planner, booked our venue (We got our #1 choice!  Woot!), meeting with the DJ tonight, I asked my BMs and Maid/Matron of Honor (FI is slacking on that one!), made an appt at Kleinfelds and applied to Say Yes to the Dress, but they havent responded!  Lame!  hahaha.  I think that is it!  We are having everything at one location so we dont need to book a church….like Smiles1979 we are also having a heavy  heavy hors d’oeuvres cocktail type reception which I am totally pumped about!!!!!  Our planner has a lot of her niche places in mind that she really likes to use so that narrows a lot down.  we just really have to meet with them and approve, so I am not THAT stressed.  The venue was the most stressfull thus faR!

Post # 10
237 posts
Helper bee

@cabanagrl9: πŸ™‚ Awesome, thanks for the nod. πŸ™‚

Soo awesome about appt. at Kleinfelds and at least applying to the show, SYTTD! One of my fav shows. πŸ™‚

If I had a much bigger budget, I think I personally would make an appt. at Kleinfelds and make at appt. with Keisha (sp?) and have Randy give his opinion. πŸ™‚ I think those 2 are my favs.

Have fun!!! πŸ™‚

Awesome news on your plans too.

Post # 11
375 posts
Helper bee

BTW-totally booking the DJ!  He is amazing!  I had read so many great things about him prior to the meet and greet that I pretty much knew that we were going to hire him right away.  Someone from VA is getting married in NY on our date too and called him last week and asked him already!  He save the date for us though.  PHEW!!!!! 

I will tell you. Us May 14th 2011ers are REALLY on the ball!!!!

Post # 12
237 posts
Helper bee

@cabanagrl9: Nice about your DJ and being able to snag him when you did! πŸ™‚ Exciting!

haha..well I’m tryin’ to be on the ball, but it’s tough already..haha.

Our DJ is one of my FI’s cousins.  He does some DJing for weddings and things as well as a bartender, but he can’t do both jobs..haha. I haven’t experienced his cousin doing any DJing…but I know he’s a really outgoing person and so I can only imagine he’d do a good job. πŸ™‚ Well I mean, it’s his gift to us..so we aren’t going to say no! πŸ™‚ Plus, my FI’s aunt already told us the other day that his cousin would have been insulted if we didn’t take him up on his offer to be our DJ. He recently got engaged himself, but it’s not going to be around our timeframe, so that’s good too.

Lots going on here…haha

Post # 13
242 posts
Helper bee

Trying to get the boy to go back to STL w/ me for a weekend so we can meet w/ the priest and FINALLY set a date, but may 14 is definitely one of the ones we’re eyeing. or the 20th or 21st

Post # 14
168 posts
Blushing bee

woohoo for 5/14!  I JUST booked the church last week… and other than that, I haven’t done much else.  Ha.

I’ve been searching in mags for gowns I like, but am waiting to try any on until I lose a few lbs.  Is anyone else dieting before trying on dresses?

Post # 15
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Trinity Lutheran Church & Idlewild Country Club

Hey Team, when are you all planning to book your photographers? I’m not sure when is too soon and when is too late.

Post # 16
375 posts
Helper bee

My first wedding dress appt is on 4/10th, so I am not really dieting per se, but def keeping up the work outs and eating healthy!  I wanted to stop eating cheese for a little bit (i.e. Pizza), but I gave in already!  hahaha

I want to book my photog soon.  I feel like anything or anyone that needs to be secured on our date should be booked asap.  Both my venue and my DJ had offers waiting on our booking!  That makes me nervous!

Do you guys ever feel like you are doing a lot and you wont have much to do for a while bc we are so far out?????

The topic ‘Any May 14, 2011 Brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors