Any May 2020 brides? #coronavirus

posted 6 months ago in Emotional
Post # 31
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2020

View original reply
azallie :  Hi! Thanks for expressing how you feel sad about all this. I am in the exact same boat. My wedding is on May 16 too and we already sent out the invites. We have also decided the same thing.. to get married on the date and have the wedding as a celebration next year. I think it is okay for us to feel sad. I hope everything works out for us and everyon else.

Post # 32
86 posts
Worker bee

I posted about this in another thread but I’m copying it here too:

My wedding is May 23 and we’ve already postponed. Even though our government banned events only over 50 people, we’re doing our social responsibility to postpone it for when the virus is more contained. It’s not just for the health and safety of us, our immediate family and friends, but also for the health care workers who are fighting on the front lines to help keep everyone alive. 

It’s an extremely tough situation, and I completely understand that everyone is sad. I am devastated too since we’ve been together for 7 years and engaged for 1.5. I’ve been living and breathing this wedding for the last 1.5 years. You absolutely should feel sad that you are cancelling or postponing – this is a still a loss for you and you deserve to grieve.

Your friends and family will be much happier celebrating with you without the impending doom looming over all of us. Let’s all do our part to flatten the curve.

That being said, we don’t want to wait any longer to be married so we’re going to do our legal ceremony on our original date, with just our immediate family, with a total headcount of under 10 people. We’ll have our regular celebration next year.

We sent out invitations too. We emailed all of our guests to let them know that we are postponing, and every single one of them has been understanding and grateful that we’re keeping their health a priority. Your guests will understand.

Post # 33
117 posts
Blushing bee

We ended up deciding just a couple days ago to postpone until November. It was a tough choice but it was the right choice. What’s going on is serious, and it’s going to be necessary for all of us to take this seriously so we can flatten the curve and minimize the overwhelming of the healthcare system. I am super devastated…we have been together for 9 years and have been engaged for a year and a half as well. I am choosing to see the bright sides though – we will get to celebrate the right way when we are not all stressed and worried about our health. And this gives us more time to fine tune decor and other things! 

To everyone in this thread: I am so sorry this is happening. But I am glad to know we are all in the same boat. 

Post # 34
18 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies-

Anyone else do a private ceremony like we had discussed in this thread?  We decided to move up our private ceremony date to Mother’s Day from May 30. With families overseas and dispersed throughout the US, we thought at least Mother’s Day would be a nice tribute to our mothers and extended family since none of us could physically be together. We held the ceremony in the backyard and our families viewed on Zoom. Of course the wifi went out during our vows, so they only heard us repeating them rather than viewing (we had primary audio as a zoom phone call with the phone in my husband’s pocket) rather than recording from the laptop far away for clearer audio. Besides that hiccup, it was still very meaningful for everyone. We had our own cake cutting and first dance as well which everyone was able to see. We plan on doing a vow renewal at our postponed ceremony venue in October if things improve. But if not, we are married, and that is the most important part!

I did my own hair and makeup, made a sola flower bouquet, and used props from our planned wedding decorations. We were very happy with our ceremony in these circumstances 🙂 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors