(Closed) Any May 8, 2010 brides out there???

posted 9 years ago in May 2010
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hey there! May 8th, 2010 bride here. 🙂 Let’s see.. I have looked my venue, phtotographer, and ordered my dress. Also picked out my colors, and bridesmaid dresses (the girls actually picked those out themselves). We sent out our save-the-dates, since we’re having a destination wedding in Jamaica. And we also picked out the invitation design, but haven’t ordered them yet.

Wow, that kinda seems like a lot.. hehe. I’m trying to get as much done as possible, so I don’t have a lot of things to stress out about when it gets closer to the wedding, and I can (kind of) relax! How about you guys??

Post # 4
16 posts
Newbee

May 8 bride here, I was getting nervous I didn’t see any other tag with our special day!

Ok so far I have booked our venue, brought my drees, have our photographer, dj and limo/party bus set up. We just started looking and pricing out florist and started looking for a videographer….I feel like we are track. Still have to find the bridesmaid dresses too.

Do you think I should send out save the dates? It’s not a destanation wedding and not on a holiday. I keep getting mixed answers what do you girls think?

Post # 5
69 posts
Worker bee

I think the save-the-dates are a personal decision. I probably wouldn’t have done them if we didn’t have a destination wedding, but if you have Out of Town guests, I would consider sending them one. They’re always a nice keepsake to have, but are an extra expense.

Post # 6
9 posts
Newbee

May 8, 2010 wedding date for me too!  So far I have booked the venue, the photographer, we are doing a casual reception so we are just having some casual food at the reception.  I have not yet booked an officiant.  I am doing the flowers myself…so I don’t know I kind of feel like I am at a stopping point right now…I just keep tabs on ideas of things I want to work on for DIY projects…We aren’t sending STD’s as we are only having 40 people at the wedding.

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee

Hi – I too am getting married on May 8th, 2010 (YEA!!!).  We have booked the venue for the ceremony and reception (The Gardens at Catlin Creek in Slate Hill, NY).  The ceremony will take place in their outdoor garden area.  I have also booked my florist. Everyone I spoke to was freaking out and that the wedding is the day before mother’s day which is one of the biggest retail sales day for flowers.  Once I spoke to the florist, he said they only take one wedding that weekend because of how busy they will be for Mother’s Day so I am glad to have booked fairly early to ensure I could use the florist we wanted.  It makes me feel better to see that some of you still need to find bridesmaids dresses, which I am struggling with finding something everyone will like.  If you are sending out STD’s, when do you think they should go out by for a May wedding?  Thanks!!

Post # 10
16 posts
Newbee

That’s a great idea of sending the save the dates with your Christmas cards. Are you doing them yourself or buying them. I’m not that crafty so if I do them I may just order them online. I really am focused on the florist and videographer those are the two big items that we have yet to book. Anyone know of a good videographer in ny/LI/ westchester area?

Post # 11
258 posts
Helper bee

Yay for May 8th, 2010…that’s me too!

We’ve book our venue (catering comes with it), DJ, Photographer and Justice of the Peace. I ordered my dress and bought shoes. Because my fiance’s family lives in the UK, we already sent our Save the Dates. Our invitations just got delivered yesterday but they are a DIY kit so we need to be ahead of the game on that. We’re also DIYing our centerpieces and mocked those up this week and bought supplies. We’re only having a Best Man, Man of Honour and Flower Girl, they’ve all been asked. We’re also in process of building our Chuppah. I’ve also interviewd DOCs and we have an appointment with a florist next month.

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

We sent our stds already bc we’re having a mini-destination wedding 4 hours from our hometown.  Also most of my extended family will have to travel 10+ hours.  But i really like the xmas card std’s.  I think 3 months in between sending the stds and the invitations is plenty of time.  Is anyone planning on doing anything special at the wedding in honor of mother’s day?

Post # 14
15 posts
Newbee

HI! 

Sorry I’m lagging a bit behind on the responses.  We booked our Chapel, Officiant, Reception Venue (catering included), and Photographer.  As of right now, we’re ‘hiring’ our iPods for the music at the reception, but are looking into hiring a group from the music conservatory near our wedding location.  We also booked the musicians for our ceremony (choir and organists).  I guess you could say we’ve also booked our cake baker.  Our wedding cakes are a gift from my aunt and uncle, so we booked the baker they recommended and were willing to pay for.  Still have to do any tastings.  We’re DIYing just about everything else.  Oh, I bought my dress, my Maid/Matron of Honor bought hers, and my Bridesmaid or Best Man picked out the pattern she is going to use to make her dress.  We also arranged all the Groomsmen tuxes.

Save the Dates just went out this week.  The wedding is in the continental US, but more than 2/3 of the guests (including us!!) have to travel several hours to get there.  It’s my Fiance and my alma mater, and our families knew we were considering no other place for our wedding.  The destinatin part was a bit expected.  We’re looking to send the invites out in February, but we have booked a calligrapher who will address the outer envelopes this fall.

I feel like we’re a little ahead, and all the major things are booked.  But, They’ve been booked for a few months now.  I took the Bar this summer, and wanted all the big things taken care of before I started studying so I could take a complete break from wedding planning.

Post # 15
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club

Hey everyone! I’m so excited to see other May 8th weddings out there!  When we first picked the date, we had no idea Mother’s Day was the next day until we went to talk to florists – yikes!  I think what we’ve decided to do is have a brunch the following day to honor all the moms in attendance.  We’ll rework the flowers from the centerpieces into bouquets for the mothers, and have some fun stories/toasts (at least, that’s the plan!). 

As far as planning the wedding, we’ve made most of the big decisions because I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time closer to the wedding to do all the little DIY projects without stressing over the big stuff 🙂 So far we’ve done:  – Venue (reception and ceremony) – includes catering  – Photographer  – Florist  – DJ and Ceremony Musician (classical guitarist)  – Officiant  – My dress! and shoes  – Invitations ordered  – Bridesmaids dresses chosen but not ordered  – Cake decided on but contract not signed yet  – Honeymoon decided on  – Wedding bands purchased

Right now we have to work on our Save-the-Dates.  We were thinking of sending them out in October, because more than half our guests will be coming from out of state so we want to give them plenty of notice.  We also didn’t want to have the Save-The-Date Cards caught up in the holiday mail, so we want to do it well before Christmas.  I hadn’t thought of sending them out with our Christmas cards!  But I think for us, that would be too close to the wedding date to let our Out of Town people know.

I’m so glad to see other 05.08.10 brides!  Keep me posted on your progress!

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee

Ok ladies what kind of flower are you doing for boquets and centerpieces in the process of picking that out now.

Also any ideas where you guys are going on your honeymoons?

The topic ‘Any May 8, 2010 brides out there???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors