(Closed) Any October 14, 2011 brides?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@shimmerofheaven:

Hi!

I’m planning my wedding for October 14th too! I read that you’re supposed to send Save the Date cards out at least six months prior, so I think we’re going to send ours in April.

Also from what I’ve read, the bridal shower seems to have the same time frame. I think my maid of honor was planning on having my shower in mid to late May, or early June.

Have you decided on colors, centerpieces, invitations, etc?!

(I’m so excited we have the same date! hahaha!)

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

@shimmerofheaven:

I know!! I’m so excited to have a date twin too! hahaha Laughing

Oh your colors sound so pretty!!! And that’s awesome your stepmom is doing the flowers! That can be such a big expense!

We’re making our own invitations too! My fiance is an IT manager and a friend of his is a graphic designer, so we’re going to just tell him what we want (when we figure it out) and he’s going to make them up for us!

August is a good time for the shower too! I’m finding that different sites say different things about when to have them. It seems that the main concern is over guests not feeling overwhelmed about buying a shower gift so close to the wedding gift. But I think August would be perfect! I think that gives guests plenty of time in between!

I am no where near ready! I have mini panic attacks every day when I wake up hahaha We haven’t even pinned a venue down! We’ve been looking everywhere, but so far we’ve made no decision. I have a bunch of ideas about centerpieces and favors, etc., but with no venue, it makes things kind of hard!

Do you have any idea where you want to go for your honeymoon? We’re thinking Italy!

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

@shimmerofheaven:

How funny is that?! We’re date twins and our fiances are in the same field! Laughing

Oh my goodness, your venue sounds absolutely beautiful!! I know I want a lot of natural light in the room, and I love exposed beams in the ceilings, and lots of hardwood and stuff like that. We’ve been to two places that I have completely fallen in love with. One venue we looked at was set up on a pond and had these huge glass windows overlooking it and was absolutely beautiful and the other was this gorgeous golf club that had a huge round room that was surrounded by windows and had two patios off of it where we could have a second bar set up (though it might be too chilly at night for that!). But I’m so stressed out that I’m having a hard time making up my mind!

You sound just like me! I love planning and organizing and making checklists! I planned my friend’s wedding two years ago and had a blast. It is a whole other ball game when it’s your own wedding though hahahaha It’s like I don’t know where to start or what to do with myself!

I haven’t gotten my dress yet, but I have about 10 magazines with flagged pages of all the dresses I like (for myself and the bridesmaids). I have an appointment on the 22nd actually to try some dresses on. That will be my first time trying them on! I’m so excited! I’m actually going to Kleinfeld’s from that show Say Yes to the Dress on TLC! hahaha Not to be on the show of course. I’d have a panic attack! lol

I looked your dress up! It is GORGEOUS!!! You’re going to look so beautiful!!! How are you going to do your hair?! Do you have any ideas yet? Are you going to do a veil? I went to school for cosmetology, so that’s one of my favorite parts of the wedding hahaha

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

HI DATE TWINS! I’m getting married October 14 too! So cool to find other people getting married that day!

So excited!!!!

The topic ‘Any October 14, 2011 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors