(Closed) Any October 2012 Brides out there!??!

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am an October bride, too! I have been engaged since August. I haven’t done any real planning yet, but we have some of our wedding party picked out. I am in the process of trying to decide on colors, but I am having a hard time with it because I can be pretty indecisive. It is a good thing that we have a long engagement, because I am going to need the extra planning time…

Post # 4
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I want to post, even though October 12, 2012 is a very optimistic “dream date”.  We’re more likely to get married after I graduate in 2013, but dammit, I’m not losing hope yet!

I’ll start doing some planning in December when I get a break from school.  There’s obviously many things we can’t do until we’re closer to the date (or actually know the date…), but I’d like to start estimating our budget and figuring out what we want the wedding to look like.  First on the to-do list is probably choosing colors and designing the invitations.  Creating the design is something fun that will take plenty time, will help set the style for the wedding, and requires no money, so it’s a good project for where we are now.

I also appreciate how much time we’ll have for this, bookworm.  I’m also indecisive, plus a huge procrastinator, so the extra time definitely helps.  There’s always a silver lining to long engagements. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

Hey! My fiance and I are getting married October 12, 2012!  It’s definitely a long engagement but, hopefully, it will be for the best.  Between getting a house and saving for money, we figured 2 years would be enough time.  We both wish it could be tomorrow, but we’re hoping it will just fly by!  It’ll also give us a ton of time to get everything done the way we want it without feeling too stressed about time constraints.  

All the big things are done already…photographer, videographer, the hall, church, colors….We did decide to wait to announce the bridal party until the year before the wedding.  

Good luck with all your planning ladies (and let’s hope the next 2 years get here quickly!!)

Post # 8
296 posts
Helper bee

You’re not alone!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Really haven’t done any planning yet! we’ve had some discussions about outside vs. inside, colors, food etc. But no concrete plans just yet.

Post # 9
291 posts
Helper bee

HI! I’m October 13,2012!!  We got engaged in August and since I was recently laid off from teaching, we had to have a long engagement.  I’ve been on top of everything so far. 

We booked our reception location and locked in at 2010 prices.  We are having a very large wedding (about 250-260 people invited) partly because my FH has a verrrrry large family.  

We have our florist and have already had a consultation.  We have known him forever and my FH went to hs with him.  So we got a deal and I can start finding containers on clearance to use for my centerpieces.

We know WHO we want in our bridal party, but haven’t asked anyone yet.  I have been attending bridal expos and have won an at home spa day and a bachelorette party and I am going to ask the girls to come over that day and treat them to a spa day and then a party at night. 

I have found my dress.  Completely by accident, but I know it’s mine and I know I love it.  I’m going to wait to order it until March of 2011. 

We have our color scheme – peacock/teal blue, dark green with accents of plum and burnt orange. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one out there!!!

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee

Hi All,

We are booked in for October 6, 2012!  It feels like ages away but we need the long engagement as my Fiance is from New Zealand and all his friends and family need the time to save for flights across.  We are heading state side this Christmas and my Fiance will get the chance to see all the places I have picked out for the ceremony and reception (I live in a really small town, so not too many options).  I want to put deposits down and get things organized but my Fiance says we should wait. What do you all think? Is it too early to book? How many months ahead should we really be thinking about booking things in like bands, flowers etc?

Post # 12
291 posts
Helper bee

@Kiwiana I don’t think it’s too early.  We booked our reception venue two weeks after we got engaged to lock in on the 2010 price.  The coordinator told us the price per person would go up between $10-15 per person by the time 2012 rolls around.  We wanted to take advantage and help save money.  If you are sure your heart is set on a place, then see what kind of a deposit they want and figure out if you can afford it.  Good luck!

Post # 13
22 posts
Newbee

October, 2012 here, too!  I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with a ridiculously long engagement.  We haven’t done too much yet…just some decor purchased – gotta love 80% off post-season sales!  We’ve also narrowed down our venue options and have promised eachother that we will have chosen one by Feb/March so that we can start planning around it.  Two years seems like such a long time right now!

Post # 14
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

October bride here as well! I wanted to get married this october (2011) but when we went to go book the venue we wanted was booked already for 2012, and only had two dates left….so looks like October 2012 for us. It’s fine though because now we have the best pick of vendors and time to save money etc…

October 2012 come soon!

Post # 15
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Kiwiana: Like i said down below in my comment–our venue was booking two years in advance- I’m not sure how it is with your area but that is common in our area. If you know your date etc. I would not wait to book places ESPECIALLY as october is one of the busiest wedding months.

GL!

Post # 16
3012 posts
Sugar bee

October 13, 2012 bride here.  I am so glad to see that I am not the only one! ๐Ÿ˜€ Just got engaged on Christmas Eve and I’m not sure where to begin!  Any suggestions?!

The topic ‘Any October 2012 Brides out there!??!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors