(Closed) Any October 2015 brides still on here? Almost time for 1 year anniversary.

posted 5 years ago in October 2015
Post # 2
1494 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
bcaudle10315 :  I’m here πŸ™‚ I am looking forward to completing the first year and having it behind us although it’s been fun. There’s been many ups and downs we were hit with but we were able to work together and get passed the obstacles that were put in our way. I miss our wedding day (the best day of my life) and our honeymoon which I could never forget.

I like you have had baby fever for a few months but I am keeping myself in check for now, we have discussed a timeline that works for both of us so I am looking forward to that πŸ˜€

For our anniversary we might go away to a quiet town and just enjoy the cool crisp Fall air that we both love so much, and although we thought about teh Caribbean and Florida I am really afraid of getting Zika and then having to put our TTC plans on hold for longer than we want to.

Congrats on your first year and to many more πŸ™‚ Yayy us!

Post # 3
9519 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Congrats on your anniversary! 

This year feels like it has gone by really fast and also a bit slow, oddly enough. So much has happened, odd that it has only been a year but at the same time our wedding does feel like forever ago. For our relationship nothing has really changed, we lived together long before marriage. 

For our anniversary we will see the Cirque du Soleil show where he proposed. It has recently had a “reimagining”, that I had a very very small part in. I’m looking forward to it. Also dinner at the restaurant where we married. We just came back from Disneyland with his family. We wore matching pirate shirts the first day and bought the silly married matching Mickey ears. Yes, it was barf cute, but had to be done. The second day his sister made up matching tee-shirts of our names and favorite characters. She gave us Donald and Daisy. So stinkin cute! I did feel like a touristy dork but it was so sweet to be included in his family, so I didn’t mind. 

No babies on the horizon, we are CFBC. 

We are getting ready for Halloween, we have the dog costumes, our costumes and have stuff to make the house. We go a bit crazy, theatre nerds after all.

Post # 4
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
bcaudle10315 :  I’m still here! (Oct 24th!) 

Our first year has been the hardest, but not for the reasons I think people usually say it is. Relationship-wise nothing much has changed. We already lived together, we are happy and have fun together. I tell people it’s just like before but with nicer dishes. πŸ™‚ 

But… his mom is ill and has been for a long time. She had a fall and things kind of went downhill. We ended up moving her to an assisted living home near us. The whole process was really stressful and brought up a lot of horrible stuff with his sister. It was honestly so stressful I ended up on meds for depression and anxiety and have been in therapy for several months. Things are finally settled down now, though, and I’m feeling much better. My therapist is getting ready to transition me out of meeting with her. 

We have no big anniversary plans mainly because all our extra money is going to the horrendously expensive assisted living home. Hopefully we’ll be able to manage maybe a weekend away or something, but I don’t mind if we just have a nice dinner out. 

I do, however, really REALLY need to get all our random wedding decor out of the big ass bin I brought home from the venue! I need to make a shadow box with some of it and then toss the rest. πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘Any October 2015 brides still on here? Almost time for 1 year anniversary.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors