(Closed) Any other 2014 bees?

posted 7 years ago in December 2014
Post # 3
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

*Raises hand*

We aren’t formally engaged yet but we have decided that we want to get married in Spring 2014. I’ve not really done anything yet since I’m not engaged quite yet but we have just had general conversations about idea – how about you?

Post # 4
1365 posts
Bumble bee

Me me me! Also not engaged but we want to marry in 2014 if possible, as that gives us 3 years to save up (from the nothing we have right now) and it will be our 10th anniversary. πŸ™‚

I have tons of ideas and research done and we’ve discussed locations and venues and decor together loosely, including recently agreeing on a place we both like (though my SO did say it isn’t as nice as where my friend is getting married but our place is cheaper). We won’t make decisions formally until we are engaged though because that will be when I know he is ready to be planning this actively.

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee

Me! We are also not engaged but we have decided we want to get married in 2013-2014 (more realistically 2014). We haven’t done much yet. Decided to start saving money specifically for the date, and have looked at locations. We are actually going to bridal show tonight at the location we both like. We want to see if it is worth the price :D!

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello!! Im also not engaged but he is going to propose around xmas time when we can go ring shopping and then hoping for a 2014 wedding as 2013 is too unlucky (his concern not mine :))

Post # 7
336 posts
Helper bee

Ours will probably be in 2014. We are low on funds at the moment and probably will be for a while until I finish graduate school and can get a job. 

I’ve started planning in my mind but haven’t really “done” anything yet. I’ll probably start once we both have jobs and I have a ring on my finger. Wink

Post # 9
527 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hello πŸ™‚ YES WE WILL BE MARRIED 2014!!  Not engaged as of yet, however I think we informally decided today lol… so much for the romantic proposal :/

Anyway, I am a student too and graduate in 2013 so 2014 is the best time for us since I would have graduated by then.  We haven’t set the date but we were thinking Jan 2014.  He said not 2013 since it will be ‘unlucky’ haha and then he complained about January because it will be hot!! (We are in Australia :P).  But either way I think I will get what I want in the end… I also have a 3 year contract in the country after I graduate so I wanted to lock him down early 2014 since I will be away from 2014-2016… is that greedy? haha

Keep me updated ladies! xx

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m a 2014 bride, and oh lord the wait is killing me!  I’ve made an extremely stretched out time list so I can start planning and still feel involved without such a wait.  I know a lot of people said to just wait because your taste will change, but I’ve always known exactly what I wanted my wedding to look like so, now I just have to make it happen in a budget!  We are both college students and I won’t be graduating until Dec 2013, and he wont be graduating until May 2014.  We planned the wedding a week and a half after he graduates.  So, since it is in a different city than where we currently live, getting ahead seems to be helping out a lot so far.  Working on a ROUGH-rough draft of a guest list this month!  YAY!

Post # 11
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@mrschristmas:  Hi, we are talking May 2014, possibly June 7th but not much later than that.  I think May would be better for everyone.  Going to a wedding expo tomorrow with my mom and maid of honor, this will be the first actual research/planning I will be doing.  I have had some people ask why we are waiting so long but I am also in grad school. Even though I do classes online I do have to travel 4 times during 2013 for residency work, so having a wedding is out of the picture until 2014!

Post # 12
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

jvangorden9: I am in the same boat.  People  look at me weird but when I explain they’re like …ah… that makes sence.

Post # 13
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

June 2014! We are both in college as well, and will graduate in May 2014. He proposed about a week ago, and originally we were planning a wedding for next year because we thought we would have enough savings for a down payment on a house in the area. But we just decided to wait until graduation or pretty close to it, so that when we get married we will have a nice amount of savings to go on an awesome honeymoon and be able to take some time off from work to just relax as husband and wife πŸ™‚

I am disappointed we have so long to wait, since we’ve been dating for four years already, but it will also be nice because my parents are paying for the wedding and with two kids in school we have a very tight budget, so with two years to plan it will give us lots of times to find all the best deals! So far we have bought an invitation kit and I have gone looking at dresses a couple times, but that’s about it!

What are all you guys doing to help pass the time?! I really want to be able to enjoy these next couple years and just work on our relationship instead of every minutes being wedding talk, but I’m so excited and its just really hard! I love planning and I think that after we will get married I will be sad that I have no more to plan, so we need ideas of things to focus on in the next couple years so I don’t go crazy!

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee

I am a 12/13/14 bride.

No we haven’t gotten engaged yet, he plans on proposing next year, won’t give me the details. I will graduate from Grad school and he will finish Law school May ‘2014. Our parents are planning to help us with the wedding.

We have already reserved our venue (Addison Park), and I have my dress (Ella Rosa), and we know who we’re asking to be in our wedding party.  We don’t plan to do anything else until next year. We;ve gone to one bridal show and have lots of ideas and having so much time will allow us to have the wedding that we want.

I think the time will fly by.

Congrats to all of my fellow ‘2014 Brides!!!

The topic ‘Any other 2014 bees?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors