(Closed) Any other 2014 brides feeling impatient??

posted 5 years ago in April 2014
Post # 3
3277 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

There are days I feel like this too. We got engaged in October and are getting married next June. It was really the only time that made sense tho, I’ll be graduating in May. But with school, work, and house hunting I haven’t even looked at anything wedding related in over 2 months! lol it has been a long stall period where the big things are done and idk what to do next. Just remember it will definitely be worth the wait in the end! Try to keep occupied and the time will go faster πŸ™‚

And def get everything booked soon, my venue booked 2+ years in advance and photographers are getting booked too.

Post # 4
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I just got engaged and have to wait until mid June to even start planning πŸ™ This really sucks. The only thing I can really do is look at dresses. I wanna get this rodeo goin! lol

Post # 5
1193 posts
Bumble bee

I’m definitely getting impatient. I’m getting married next June and I feel like it’s a lot of hurry up and wait. We’ve booked the Venue, DJ, and Photographer/Videographer and now it’s just like we sit and twiddle our thumbs until something else big comes along we can do.

Post # 6
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Me, totally!!!  I’m a late March 2014 bride here – end of our summer – and we’ve been engaged for seven months.  It really wasn’t going to be feasible to have the wedding any earlier (I have health issues & find October/November a busy, exhausting time of year so wanted to avoid it, my parents wanted to avoid January/February because of the heat and the first few weekends in March coincide with the Grand Prix and a few other city-wide events that also needed avoiding).   I’ve already got tons of planning done but I just want time to slip away so I don’t feel so bridezilla-y about it.  

Post # 8
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@spring_bee:  Thank you so very much! Since my hunnie is out of town for the next two months I have time to start getting ideas ready for him for when he gets back. I figured I will use Pinterest for this since he likes to just SEE stuff, not go in to detail πŸ™‚

Post # 9
288 posts
Helper bee

@spring_bee:  I am totally in your shoes. I know tons of people getting married this summer and I simply can’t wait for my day! 

Post # 10
384 posts
Helper bee

ITS GOING SO SLOW! We have been engaged for 7 months now and I feel like I am watching paint dry!

Post # 11
117 posts
Blushing bee

we got engaged at the beginning of the year. getting married june 28th 2014. JUST finalized the venue which i am obsessed with! but our wedding is destination. (south of france where he is from) sometimes i feel it’s going so slow, but there are SO many details to think about esp in a foreign country that im actually really glad to have so much time.

enjoy it while it lasts! at the end of the day it will go by so fast you’ll wish you had more time!! 

Post # 12
Hostess
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I think time is flying! When I got engaged at the end of Feb. I was like “Oh, I got tiiime!”  But now I am suddenly realizing that I actually don’t have too much time.  I need to start dress shipping asap!

Post # 13
478 posts
Helper bee

@spring_bee:  I know you wrote this 3 months ago, but I’m feeling the same way! We’ve been engaged since just before Christmas 2012, and I’m getting so impatient! April seems like an ETERNITY! πŸ™ haha. I originally wanted to get married this September on our 3 year anniversary, but NO ONE thought it was a good idea. Everyone convinced me to wait until Spring 2014 to be more practical and give ourselves more time to save $$, secure a job & apartment, etc., since we just graduated college. I know they were right & part of me is glad I listened, but I totally feel your pain! Even though we’ve passed the year mark, it still seems so far!

Good luck with planning! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 14
250 posts
Helper bee

Ughg!

I’m just excited I have less than 9 months to go!

Post # 15
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

It will be here soon enough ladies! I know how you feel though, I wish it was next year too!

Post # 16
105 posts
Blushing bee

I am right there with you ladies! We have only been engaged since April, and have so much of the planning done already that I feel like we could have had the wedding sooner! But, I’m trying to enjoy the fact that we’re engaged and spend so much time with our families doing wedding things. It’s never too early to start things.

Gosh it’s almost Aug and will be only 8 months away!!! πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘Any other 2014 brides feeling impatient??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors