(Closed) Any other Allure 8815 Brides? :)

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m wearing this dress for our at home reception after our destination wedding!  It’s a very beautiful gown.  I don’t have any pics of it on me though.. :o(

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Went dress shopping today and I’m 99.9% sure this is the one I will buy πŸ™‚ I absolutely LOVE IT!!

Post # 5
1030 posts
Bumble bee

Dress twins!  I went to 4 bridal boutiques and tried on tons of dresses.  I never thought I’d have *the moment* UNTIL I tried on Allure 8815 at the 5th boutique.  I looked in the mirror and started to get emotional and tear up, I knew it was the one!  I was going back and forth on ordering ivory or white.  My wedding is in June and I plan on getting some color so I was worried that the ivory would look too yellow against my tan skin.  I ultimately decided to go with white.  I hope I made the right decision, I’ll find out when my dress comes in the summer … can’t wait!                       

Post # 6
1030 posts
Bumble bee

Post # 7
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - north bay

im going to try this dress on tomorrow and i can’t wait

Post # 8
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@Violet678:  Allure 8815 is a beautiful dress!  Sweet heart neck line, the perfect amount of crystals/beading, very fitted on top (has a corset back so it sucks you in and gives you a great shape) and the bottom is light and flowy.  I am wearing a crenalin mermaid slip to make the bottom of the dress fuller (I’m wearing it in the picture I posted).  Good luck!

Post # 10
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Okay, why haven’t I found you ladies sooner?!?? lol

@MsFoxxy:  Almost date twins, too!

You guys all look lovely in your 8815s!  Here’s mine.  Not the greatest pic, but I’ll post another once my dress arrives sometime in April.  πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsWTD:  Dress looks great on you! Is the sample dress you have on the white/silver? It looks a lot brighter and crystals sparkle more than the ivory/silver pics. 

Post # 12
680 posts
Busy bee

@xdaydreams05x:  Thank you!  It looks great on you as well!  Isn’t it such a lovely dress?!  The sample dress is actually Ivory/silver and that’s what I ordered.  Now I’m getting paranoid. Lol. I’m pretty sure the tag said Ivory/Silver and it also said “Also available in white/silver”  My consultant definitely confirmed it was ivory.  Maybe it’s just the lighting?

Post # 13
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsWTD:  Thanks πŸ™‚ I totally agree, this dress is beautiful … that’s why we all picked it! lol Usually the sample dress is ivory. Your pic just came across a lot whiter than the other ivory pics. Your right tho, lighting plays a big part. I actually ordered my dress in the white/silver unseen! No one carried it in white/silver for me to try on and Allure doesn’t have a loaner program. I was able to see the “yellow” in the ivory so it kind of turned me off. I’m hoping the white isn’t TOO white. We’ll see how it looks in a few months, I’ll post pics. 

Post # 14
680 posts
Busy bee

@xdaydreams05x:  Yes!  Definitely post pics.  I’m really curious to see what the white looks like.  Being so light skinned and pale, I was worried that wearing WHITE would wash me out completely. I was very happy to find out the sample was Ivory and it didn’t wash me out.  I could barely even tell that the ivory wasn’t white, you have a better eye for it than I do. Lol.  Are you going to wear a slip underneath for a bit of extra “poof”?  I never even considered it til I saw there WERE slips for mermaid style dresses.  I have no clue what I’m going to do.  Not sure it’s needed though, that’s why I didn’t want a poofy, ball gown dress.  πŸ™‚  My dress is supposed to be coming in sometime this month, no idea exactly when.  I’m dying from waiting! Haha.

Post # 15
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsWTD:  Yes I am going to wear a crenalin mermaid slip to make the bottom of the dress fuller. When I tried on the dress my mom wasn’t a big fan of how the layers just fell a little flat so she asked the bridal consultant if there was a way to make it fuller. She brought out a slip, I tried it on and it made a BIG difference. Just note that it does make the dress heavier. You can notice the weight difference with and without the slip. I’ll try my best to wear it the entire night, if not I’ll wear the slip for ceremony, pictures, and half of the reception. Once it comes to partying and dancing I can see myself running to the bridal suite and taking it off lol. Yey your dress will be here shortly (so jealous)! Deff post pictures and try it with and without the slip and see how you feel. 

Post # 16
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@futuremrsbarker:  how tall are you in the pic? are you with/without shoes? just imagining how i’d look in it..i’m 5’1 and planning to wear flats.

The topic ‘Any other Allure 8815 Brides? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors