(Closed) Any other Casablanca 2064 brides? Also, corset question…

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had my Casablanca 1985 altered from button back to corset, I think it made the dress even more stunning! I’m still getting compliments about it! The extra support was nice, I also had cups sewn in, which was great! I didn’t find it uncomfortable at all, sitting was no problem. I had to have it tightened about 3 hours into the reception because it had loosened a bit (I was dancing my ass off!). I never regretted it for one second, but that’s probably because I loooove corset back wedding dresses. Sexy and beautiful! Hope you end up loving yours! :o)

Post # 5
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I tried on the Casablanca dress as well.  Photos attached!  I loved the buttons but love what corset does to my figure even more.  Have you tried on dresses with a corset back?  It does wonders for the waist and hips, even for thin girls!  Actually, especially for thin girls since it gives the appearance of real hips. πŸ™‚  I debated between this and the Maggie Sottero Dynasty.  I love this one so much more because it is so light, but I love Maggie’s corset back.  Luckily, Casablanca easily adds corset backs!

Congrats on your dress choice.  It is so pretty!

Post # 6
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Snapdragon2804:  have you considered just wearing a corset or longline bra inside as an undergarment? Then you have the support inside but the dress outside remains the same. I am just having cups sewn in, or maybe wearing a longline bra; haven’t decided yet.

Post # 8
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@Snapdragon2804:  This was in Orlando! πŸ™‚  I ended up going with something more tight fitting but it was a close call!  I would have definitely ordered this with a corset.  It helps tighten the waist and gives more of an hour glass!  Congrats on the decision!

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi ladies!  Casablanca 2064 bride here!  I bought mine off the rack and just did basic alterations (taking in sides, hem, and bustle). 

Maybe I should create a new topic, but I’m wondering what are you all going to do with your dress after the wedding?  I’m too lazy to sell it online. 

I would have shorted the dress and dyed it black, but since the fabric is iredescent organza (synthetic polyester), it won’t take dye well.  Some people use the fabric to make a christening dress.  I’m non-religious, so I might use the fabric to make a little white dress (if I have a baby girl). 

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee

Here are the pics!   I don’t have any pictures of me wearing the dress.  I know what you mean, while I was getting it altered, I anxiously waited and kept picturing it in my head.

The dress is simple yet gorgeous.  It’s also very light.  Every time I look at it, I feel so happy : )

Here’s the front part.  I love the ruched bodice with sweetheart neckline.  I also love that the skirt has pick-ups that resemble a rose, very subtle and unique.

My favorite part is the back!  Gotta love the buttons down the back and a rose motif pickup.

The dress is so beautiful.  We made the right choice!  Have no fear.  Happy Planning!

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee

Oh I forgot you’re putting a corset.  Have no regrets!  I think the corset will give you great curves.  Perhaps wear a bling sash belt (like rhinestone) and tie it in the back.  That would look sexy!  I’d love to see the picture of your finished dress!

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Snapdragon2804:  OMG I am almost your date twin!  AND I am definitely your dress twin as I am going with 2064 too!  I’m adding the jacket from 2088, which has the same button design since 2088 is a very similar dress, but 2064 is better for me than 2088.  Going to order it soon – can’t wait!!!

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Ladies– So, I too am a cassablanca 2064 bride!  I just got engaged in December, and this was my third dress that I tried on – right off the rack. Fit me almost perfectly. πŸ™‚

The problem is choosing a veil!  Can you send me some pics of you guys in the dress with veil? I am thinking either elbow or fingertip… but I am at a loss!  Thanks guys!

Gina

The topic ‘Any other Casablanca 2064 brides? Also, corset question…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors