Post # 77
No belt for me! I think less is more with this dress but I am having a few flowers made out of the extra fabric from the dress to add to the front to make it my own. You can see the photos I posted above with my corset back…I think the belt would take away from the look of it but of course it’s totally up to you! I am doing a fingertip length veil.
Post # 77
Yay! I just picked up my 2064 this weekend and I couldn’t be happier! I do have some notes for brides considering this dress:
1) If you are between sizes, size down. I was between a 20 and a 22 and ordered the 22. It is very comfortable, but the dress is hefty enough to pull it down. A tighter fit will solve this, but I wish I had gone with the 20 so I wouldn’t have to alter it so much. Also, the inner seams are generous.
2) This dress is definitely not the heaviest I tried on, but in the warm salon I was sweating after being in the dress for a few minutes. Keep this in mind when stacking undergarments and cover yourself in powder!
3) I used Wacoal’s Red Carpet Bustier and it fit perfectly under the bodice of the dress without showing (I am a DD). halfway through the fitting we tried it without the bra on underneath and I was pleased to find there is enough support in the dress to hold me in as well. I may go with sewing in cups in lieu of the bra.
4) The bodice and skirt are opaque enough to hide black underwear and heirloom slips.
5) I found that it did not want a petticoat to add fullness, the skirt drapes beautifully without one!
Finally, for all interested parties, here is a photo of the button detail down the back. This was off of the sample dress, so one of the buttons is missing a piece. You can see that each button is in the shape of a flower, and each petal is a glass bead – rhinestone – glass bead sandwich. Enjoy!
Post # 78
I didn’t even think about or have the corset suggested to me. I think it’s a great option for those wanting the support, but I personally loved the dress with the buttons. 🙂 I added a rum pink belt with beaded/lace applique. I just loved this dress and got SO many compliments. 🙂