(Closed) Any other December 2014 brides?

posted 8 years ago in December 2014
Post # 17
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
@omglauren:  We have the venue, photographer, DJ and planner.

The colors seem to be the hardest thing! We just can’t decide on what to do.

I kind of like the pinecone/evergreen theme, but my mom thinks its tacky lol

We will see how it goes…..

Post # 18
210 posts
Helper bee

I’m a 12/12/14 bride! Can’t wait!!!!  I’m a planner at heart so we have the church, venue, photographer, and DJ booked.  Colors were red and ivory with hints of silver or black but after possilby finding my dress we’re going back to red, white, and silver!

Post # 19
2 posts
Wannabee

Hey ladies! Just set our date for 12/6/2014. SOOOOOOOO excited. Taking planning slowly, but already have church, reception venue, caterer (easy choice because of the venue), photographer, and my dress! Dress was decided last night, so now to finalize colors. I’m thinking blush, champagne, and chocolate.

Post # 20
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m so excited to see other 12/20/14 brides! We just set our date and I was having some doubts about it being so close to Christmas, but I think it’ll be perfect. Fiance’s birthday is the 5th, mine’s the 15th, and Christmas is the best time of year. Couldn’t ask for a happier month!! 

Post # 21
1360 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Date is official, I’m a 12/13/14 bride! We had booked the photographer before booking the venue, but hadn’t set a date with the photographer until today because….. we booked our venue an hour ago!!! So excited!!! It the place where Fiance and I first said “I love you” and it’s an amazing amazing amazing venue, kinda cool that we have history there! So excited! Any more updates on colors? What else have you guys booked?

We’re thinking plum purple, lavender, ivory, silver accents and natural wood to keep the rustic vibe the venue has going for it but still making it elegant! Oh and lots and lots of candles…. What do you guys think? 

Post # 22
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@minipenguin:  your colors sound like they’d look beautiful! We’re going with lots of metallics, mainly silver with touches of gold/champagne. I like the idea of slate blue mixed in but the nice thing about metallics is any color will match 🙂 so far we’ve booked our ceremony and reception sites, and just taking our time with all the other planning!! I have lots of fun ideas in mind though.

Post # 23
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi  all. My Fiance and I are trying to pick a date for wedding and we are thinking Saturday 27th. Do you all think that date is too close to Christmas and will annoy people?

We are pretty limited as the sunday is out and as my brother passed away a few years ago on 31st we cant go woth 30 or 31 either. what you guys thinking of 20th. We wanted Christmas so that people will be home for holidays and therefore 13th may be too early.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Post # 24
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hey,  I’m December 2014 too!  I’m planning our wedding from 17,000km away in Australia (wedding UK) and It’s very fustrating without having family or my BMs here.  I’m going back to the the UK next week to look at venues (and my birthday – yey!).  Hopefully we’ll be able to book our preferred date of 13th Dec ’14 then.  Fingers Crossed!!

Post # 25
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@bride1214:  I know people who are getting married on the 28th this year and I personally don’t think that’s too close to Christmas, so I think the 27th would be fine! The 20th works for if you want just a few more days before the holiday. I think both dates would work well and neither are too close! It’s all about what would make you happiest 🙂 

Post # 26
100 posts
Blushing bee

Yes! I just booked our venue yesterday so our date is official- December 31, 2014, New Years Eve. We’re getting married in a historic building and will be having the whole wedding in that building since it will likely be a cold, potentially snowy day. I don’t want to make our guests travel between locations if its frigid out! Since the building is primarily dark wood with gilded gold and crimson accents, I’ve selected gold and cream as our colors. 

Post # 27
15 posts
Newbee

Hi bees, so good to see this going! I totally did not think of 12/13/14! We’ve gone with Sunday 21st December. Looking forward to it so much x

Post # 28
11 posts
Newbee

Hi, I have also booked 20th December 2014. I was very worried about it being so close to Christmas as we are getting married in a different town 3 hours away and guests will have to stay for the weekend.

Post # 29
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m also a December 20th bride! I love that my date will be around the holidays. 12/13/14 would have been cool, but the venue I want has that date already booked.

Post # 30
11 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@WhiteSnow:  Hi WhiteSnow, I had originally booked the 13th but I have friends travelling from the states (I am in the UK) and they would have been unable to make it so we changed the date as Fiance wants him to be in the wedding party. I think the 20th will be lovely and magical so close to christmas =)

Have you done any planning yet??

Post # 31
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Well I just got engaged Sunday, BUUUT I booked the venue before I was officially engaged (I’m not crazy, I promise, knew the proposal was coming soon). So that is all I’ve done so far besides looking at dresses online. How about you?

The topic ‘Any other December 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors