(Closed) Any other May 2015 brides stressed?

posted 7 years ago in May 2015
Post # 2
1002 posts
Bumble bee

Yes.

Post # 3
74 posts
Worker bee

Yes.  Having a really helpful Maid/Matron of Honor has helped.  Things that I was letting fester/stress me out (centerpieces, seating board) she kind of presses me to work on when we hang out so now I have most of the parts I need, just have to figure out when to put them together.

Post # 5
3273 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m a week before in April, but oh my gosh yes! I’m fine, then I look at a checklist and that all goes to hell.

Post # 6
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Yep, I’m stressed too! I’m kind of a deer in the headlights about the whole thing now. I have all the big things booked but the details are getting to me and I’m finding it hard to focus on getting small things done. Has anyone sent out invitations yet? I want to get mine out by the end of january but the thought of getting everyone’s addresses already feels exhausting! I haven’t finished my guest list yet either as I keep going back and forth on whether a few people should come to the full day or not, so that’s keeping me up at night too! Whenever I discussed getting anything sorted everyone said, “we’ll think about/do that after Christmas” and now Christmas is over I’m suddenly thinking “I’VE GOT SO MUCH TO DO!”. 

Post # 7
535 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
willy22:  Yes! I am May 10th. I have pretty much everything booked. But now there are a few things due in March which is really coming up and its just stressful to think its to the point of paying stuff off :/ ..and of course I keep remembering last minute stuff and it doesnt help. There are just so many little things you dont think of!!

Like today we remembered that we have to board our 2 dogs during out wedding/honeymoon. Thats an extra 400-500 that we just forgot about.lol. And I keep forgetting about the marriage liscense (we are getting married in florida and thats $90). Its hard to keep track of everything.

But on the other hand, I am so excited!! lol

Post # 10
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Yes! May 23rd. This month I have so much to do, menu selection, day of timeline, centerpiece selection. Everything goes through the venue and they want some decisions. The list is currently a mile long…

Post # 11
473 posts
Helper bee

Yes! It hit just recently that while we have booked most the big things there are so many details to take care of. And we just realized the week before christmas that we haven’t thought about the florist yet… we have an appointment next week, thank god. 

Otherwise I am stucked with invitation wording (I can’t figure it out!) and I need to sort it out asap so we can get them made and mailed. Oh and we still have to book the honeymoon.

And I thought we had the big things all figured out… oh well.

Post # 12
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
willy22:  my wedding date is Friday 22nd May. I want to get the invitations out 3 months before mainly because it’s on a Friday so I want to give people enough notice to book time off work.  will hopefully also have enough time to do the seating plan, change things around if some people can’t make it and make sure I get all of the menu choices in good time. What date are you getting married? At the moment I’m doing nothing and I keep looking at my countdown on my phone and thinking “oooh yay, not long now!” but forgetting that I actually have to DO stuff to make sure it happens! Getting your dress altered at the end of January will make it feel so real, is that your first fitting? Will you have more? The shop I got my dress from does their first fittings 6 weeks before the wedding so I’m hoping to have my diet and fitness on track by then!

View original reply
sophielle: I found invitation wording so difficult, and really boring! That has to be one of the more boring tasks (after buying wedding insurance). I’m sure I will find writing out the invitations the most tedious of them all though! 

Post # 14
1785 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m starting to feel the stress of needing to lose weight so my dress zips! Otherwise the rest of the wedding planning process has been going swimmingly. We’ve got a wedding coordinator and travel agent doing all the work for us for our destination elopement. Basically all we have to do is show up! I’m just really focusing on my weight loss goals at this point, which is stressfull enough as far as I’m concerned. 

The topic ‘Any other May 2015 brides stressed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors