(Closed) Any other May 2015 brides stressed?

posted 7 years ago in May 2015
Post # 16
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

My wedding is May 16, 2015, and the last few months of 2014 were extremely stressful. My save the dates got lost, so I have to make sure the invitations will be sent out via UPS overnight shipment. Then I found out my florist got arrested for fraud and theft – unfortunately gave her quite a bit of money (credit card finally gave some of it back). Luckily I found an awesome florist that I should have looked into originally, but oh well.

Mostly everything else is booked and decided. I do have to finish up some DIY stuff like my bird cage card box (waiting for it to be delivered). These next few months are going to by soooo quickly!

Post # 18
221 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
willy22:  Well, I am glad that I found out in November instead of the week or day of the wedding – I would have freaked out. I completely understand how you feel!! Part of me just wants to be married to my wonderful Fiance, but I do not want it to be a blur. 🙂

Post # 20
267 posts
Helper bee

I’m a May 2015 bride, sometimes I feel ahead of the game and am weirder out by the lull in planning (the calm before the storm?) But sometimes I get anxious too!

Post # 21
858 posts
Busy bee

Yes, but for weight reasons.  I told myself TWO years ago when we got engaged I would lose 50lb.  Still hasn’t happened.  I’ve lost 10lb. I’m burning 1,000 calories a day now for a 2lb weight loss a week, but I work 3 jobs at the moment, so it’s tough trying to fit in that schedule. 

Post # 22
111 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
willy22:  All of my big things are done except flowers and invitations, but all of the minor details are starting to stress me out. I am starting to feel overwhelmed i dont even know where to begin!!

Post # 23
2409 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
FireLily0: date twins!! It’s a struggle getting addresses. I am resigned to the fact that if I, my mom, my Fiance or his dad doesn’t have a phone # or email address we can reach you at, you don’t need to come. That means some of my cousins might not make it. 

I have a flowers plan, need to finalize the caterers and then we should be good. 

oh. Book hair. 

And lose 1/2″ on my bust so my dress zips. 

Post # 24
221 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bitsybee:  Yay for date twins. Hah, I said the same exact thing about addresses – do not have it, no invite. Well 1/2 inch isn’t too bad, you have quite a bit until May. 

Post # 26
2319 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m May 15, 2015 and the stress isn’t as bad as when we first began to plan. I think my stress is centered more around annoying family requests and expectation.

I also plan to lost another 40lbs by May so … that’s a bit sressful too but I’m going in head on. For those interested in losing weight I joines dietbet and I think that will be great motiviation. (I wanna win some money!!!!!)

The topic ‘Any other May 2015 brides stressed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors