(Closed) Any other Nov. 2012 brides getting in wedding day shape?

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I feel ya. I let myself get out of shape and somehow GAINED ten pounds since the proposal in October. We just joined a gym, gave up pop, and stopped eating out. I’m not a patient person, so this is tough.

Post # 4
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Totally on the same page! I’m testing out the Special K diet and will be back to biking to work when the weather gets a little warmer. I’m also doing the MS challenge which is 150 miles on a bike in 2 days! Yikes! I will be training for that which will also hopefully get me in wedding shape!

Post # 5
750 posts
Busy bee

I need to get healthier habits in general – mainly toning up and developing my cardio endurance. I am technically in the healthy weight range for my height, albeit near the top. BUT in true form I am making excuses for continuing my beer and pizza diet, namely that my wedding dress fits perfectly right now with no alterations and if I lose weight, I’ll have to get it taken in.

So I should just sit here, right? And finish this cake vodka-Diet. Dr. Pepper concoction?

Post # 6
672 posts
Busy bee

Im November and I need to jumpstart my workouts/weightloss now or before I know it, it will be November and ill be starving myself to fit in my dress! lol 

You should join myfitnesspal.com or download the app, if you do add me deeberb23 its a good way to keep track of waht you eat and exercise! 

Post # 8
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Hey y’all!  Fiance and I are trying to lose weight too.  We are doing the Couck to 5K program and I’ve already lost 12 pounds.  We’re also eating really healthy (most of the time) and not drinking soda.  I want to lose 45 pounds by November 10th (I’m about 70 pounds overweight now) so I feel like that is somewhat realistic, but it’s a huge number when I look at it.  Motivation certainly is easier with the wedding date approaching though! 

Post # 10
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  what an adorable idea!!!  i might have to steal that =)  good luck in reaching your goal!

Post # 11
87 posts
Worker bee

Hey Kwill – we’re idenitical month twins!

And cant.wait – I will totally be stealing that idea…trying to lose 40 lbs before the big day!

Post # 12
8 posts
Newbee

Did anyone else order their dress a size smaller.  I did and it has given me an extreme amount of moitvation.  Unfortunately I have been really ill the last couple of week so I havent been able to hit the gym but I will definitely be getting back ASAP

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee

I think I will be stealing @cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d ‘s idea. That seems like it will be an amazing motivational tool…I am also trying out the Couch 2 5K program and am psyched that @kwill2012 has see such amazing results. 

Also, if any of you ladies are on myfitnesspal.com, request me ch1pmunk78!!  

Good Luck Ladies…I am rooting for you…GOOOOOOOO NOVEMBER GIRLS!!!

Post # 16
8 posts
Newbee

Hey ladies… new to the site, but I’m also a November bride trying to get in my best shape for the wedding. I actually started before we were engaged last June, but got derailed by some major family drama around the holidays…. Finally getting back into a solid workout routine (Zumba 3 times a week!), now if I could get my eating back on track…… haha.

Good luck to all!

The topic ‘Any other Nov. 2012 brides getting in wedding day shape?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors