(Closed) Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?

posted 7 years ago in March 2015
Post # 48
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

We decided on the date before the actual proposal. =P Good timing to catch Sakura for a Japan honeymoon too! =D

Post # 49
18 posts
Newbee

US TOO!!!!!! We are not engaged yet, but it is exactly the right day for us (tho we’d plan for 3/14/14 @ 1:59 if we could get the finances and a couple other issues in order before then, plus me let go of the DIT/DIY projects I want to create for our wedding). I couldn’t quite remember how we met one day around our 1st anniversary last October and asked Mr. Q and he says, “Trig class, we ended up deciding to study together.” (We’ve known each other since 1995/96!) So when I read about someone else’s Pi Day wedding and told him, he just got really tickled, thought it’s an awesome idea! I’m looking forward to the whole proposal, since we agreed  starting to book things should wait until after that, but am a little worried we might lose out on one of the venues we like to some other cool nerdy couple, but we shall see… Pies will be a must, but I think we’ll still have at least a small cake, and Pi themed food will be fun to come up with (remember, it can also mean Greek food, yummy!). 

Hugs all you Pi brides!!!!!!! 

Post # 52
37 posts
Newbee

As we are not quite engaged (although standby, it should be happening within the next month of two!) we hadn’t thought about dates yet. But then I saw this post and I think it’s decided! He’s keen, I’m keen, and its around the time we were looking to get married anyway. I’m majoring in maths, he’s an engineer, and the first time we met in person we did my maths homework together. So its perfect! Thanks for the idea ladies 🙂

Post # 53
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Omg such a cute idea but then I realized…it’s my moms birthday lol! I think from now on we should get her pie instead of a birthday cake.

Post # 54
1 posts
Wannabee

My fiancé and I met in college, as two math majors, so we are planning a 3/14/15 wedding. I love all the clever ideas here!

Post # 55
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

YES! We just got engaged a few weeks ago, but have been talking about a 3.14.15 wedding for a while now. He’s a big geek and I got him pi cufflinks from Amazon for Christmas last year. ^^ I’ve already started looking at ideas! 

Post # 57
970 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

@whatsherface04:  We shot a wedding last Pi day! But you even got the 15 at the end! 

Post # 58
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2019

We made the date official yesterday. (: Yay Pi Day!

Post # 60
970 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

View original reply
@whatsherface04:  I don’t have access to the photos but I don’t know if they had a lot of “pi” themed stuff. 

Post # 61
59 posts
Worker bee

I am a pi day bride too!  Not quite engaged yet (ring is purchased, but just waiting on the surpise).  We also picked this day out about a six months ago.  Coincidientally, it’s also our “first-date-anniversary”, although neither of us realized that until a year had gone by.

The venue I’m looking at will not let us book until March 14, 2014… I’m getting nervous that I won’t be able to find a venue if some other math-nerd also has desires to book in the same location.

The topic ‘Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors