(Closed) Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?

posted 7 years ago in March 2015
Post # 62
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Just got my save the dates in!!! (I had a groupon through Vista Print). What do you guys think? (Last names and city are blacked out for privacy).

Post # 63
16 posts
Newbee

Not a PI day bride, but close! 6 days after! 3.20.15 ๐Ÿ™‚

@foremaka Super cute save the dates!! 

Post # 64
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@whatsherface04:  A friend of mine is a math nerd and her table numbers were all prime numbers. You could use the digits of PI or something for more fun!

Round invitations are more expensive but you could have a circular pattern on them for sure.

LOVE this ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 67
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

YAYYYY!! Congratulations to you and your fiance @whatsherface04 !!! LOVE the ring! 

We JUST booked our venue this past weekend and we are starting the planning process here. I think we’ll have some cute pies and cupcakes at our engagement party and definitely pie at our brunch wedding. We are also going to have some boardgames there for people to play if they don’t feel like dancing. 

Post # 68
18 posts
Newbee

@whatsherface04… Yay!!!! Congrats to you & your fiance officially! That’s awesome ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@thefuturemrshartley — We’ve been thinking about using board games as table names (instead of numbers), glad to hear we’re not the only ones wanting to have several varieties of fun at out wedding! 

Check out some of the invitations on Zazzle & Cafe Press… Found one that says: “It’s 3/14 at 1:59… Do you know where your Pi is?” Love it, lol! 

Post # 69
59 posts
Worker bee

Just sent in my contract for my venue for my pi-day wedding.  We are doing destination in Puerto Rico.  Trying to figure out how to incorporate pie elements – maybe serve key lime pie (although its more floridian than puerto rican).

So excited!

Post # 70
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi All,

Just found this thread after trying to plan my pi day wedding. We got engaged in November and straight away we thought about a March wedding. We then realised March 14th was a Saturday and so the date was decided. In the UK we arrange the date differently so it would be 14/3/15, but i think for one day we can arrange it the american way Tongue Out

We are yet to find a venue but the ones we have looked at currently have the date free. 

I have a maths degree and my fiancé is a software engineer. We’re not having table numbers, we’re having the top table as pi, then others as sigma, delta, omega, mu, alpha, beta etc. 

I’d appreciate some ideas for invites though. We’re thinking circles, maybe something like a venn diagram. What is everything else doing?

Post # 71
1002 posts
Bumble bee

We’re having our event on 3/14/15, and we’re discussing possibly starting around 9:00 so that the actual vows can be at 9:26, but we haven’t decided for sure on the timing yet.

Post # 72
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2000

@Comfytibble:  

Was just thinking along these lines. It’s cute, but it only works in America. For the rest of us… well, there’s no 31st of April!

Post # 73
2 posts
Wannabee

@Bette_Noire:  

I know, we’ll just have to wait until 3rd Jan ’41 at 5am ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 74
1 posts
Wannabee

Another Pie Day Bride here !! Laughing

Engaged last month, had joked about a Pie Day deal before we got engaged. My future-husband then started telling everyone it was Pie Day! So… I guess we’re doing this ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I’ve got my dress already, we’ve found a hall to have the wedding and reception in- just need to go check it out and book. We’re thinking about doing a pot-luck deal, but we’re supplying the BBQ meat and beverages. (Dish to share would be in place of a gift- we’re already merging 2 households) I’m going to TRY to make our decorations, and we’re going to incoorporate all the geeky nerdy things we love, maybe even a Tardis! 

Post # 75
1 posts
Wannabee

Found this board thanks to Google! I am also hosting a wedding on Pi day. I am thinking to incorporate lots of circular themes, infinity symbols, and the like. We will have a wedding Pi, and cheesecake (because that is definitely more of a pie than a cake.), and we are going to have a nature filled wedding.

Post # 76
11519 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@whatsherface04:  woah…my birthday = Pi….I never realized that before…

3.14 is my birthday (so I wouldn’t have a pi day birthday but woah…)

The topic ‘Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors