(Closed) Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?

posted 7 years ago in March 2015
Post # 77
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Me, I’m going to be a PI bride!  I have done nothing yet… You girls are on the ball!

Post # 78
51 posts
Worker bee

1 year & 2 months to go, woooo!  Cool

Post # 79
97 posts
Worker bee

Count me in. ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re not doing anything particularly theme-y because our wedding is going to be very simple, but we happened to pick pi day because it’s the beginning of FI’s spring break (grad school). Nerdy Fiance was pretty pleased to find out the coincidence though.

Post # 80
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a 3.14.15 bride, too (In case you couldn’t tell from the username).  I was a bit hesitant to book something in mid-March in New England, but I don’t have too many guests traveling in from far away, and thunderstorms/other bad weather could happen anytime, so I decided I couldn’t pass up Pi Day.  I’m interested to hear what other people are doing.  We’ve decided to do Pie for dessert (we both prefer pie to cake anyway), and were thinking of doing a special toast or dance at 9:26.  We were thinking of the bridal party choreographing a dance to “Calculus” to perform at 9:26, but aren’t sure how nerdy we want to get ๐Ÿ™‚  We don’t necessarily want to overwhelm with the theme, but I think there is a lot we can do to incorporate it without going overboard.

Post # 81
455 posts
Helper bee

I’m a Pi day bride too!  The day was chosen for Chinese astrological reasons but we enjoy it being Pi day also! 

Post # 83
2 posts
Wannabee

I am a pi day bride! So deliciously geeky!

Post # 84
455 posts
Helper bee

@LauraFourEyes:   It’s my FI’s family but here is the oversimplified version as I understand it.  Based on the Chinese zodiac animal of your birth year in combination with your futuer spouse’s there are lucky, unlucky and neutral days.  

My Fiance is a dragon and I’m a tiger so his mother had to find a Saturday that was considered good for those to signs to marry.  Pi day it was! 

Post # 85
59 posts
Worker bee

@nocleverbeepun:  That’s really cool.  I just did a search and found a calendar that listed which signs were bad for the day.  I’m a rooster and my Fiance is a pig.  From what I can tell, it’s supposed to be a “bad” day for a goat, although maybe I’m completely reading it wrong.

Post # 86
122 posts
Blushing bee

I’m also a Pi Day bride! We just decided on a venue and are starting the contract. It didn’t even occur to me that it was Pi Day until I saw this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ And we’ve decided there will be a dessert buffet with several pie options (key lime for sure!).

Post # 88
8 posts
Newbee

FH and I really wanted to do Pi day but it’s my parents anniversary and we wanted to have a different anniversary date so we ended up with the following weekend ๐Ÿ™

Post # 89
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m another pi day bride! I was a math major and soon to be math teacher, my FH is a finance major. I have always celebrated pi day, so it was a no brainer we would have our wedding on 3/14/15! I don’t have too many pi incorporation ideas yet, but it’s definteily going to be a big part of it! So excited!!!

Post # 90
1 posts
Wannabee

I never even noticed this!! This makes my day so much even better! Thank you for this seriously. I’m looking into the pie company like a block from our venue now. So awesome!!!

Post # 90
2 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
whatsherface04:  I am getting married PI day and we are doing a PI bar instead of a candy bar

The topic ‘Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors