(Closed) Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?

posted 7 years ago in March 2015
Post # 91
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
whatsherface04:  you are definitely not alone, there is at least 2 of us!! I am struggling with finding a location that is unique/geeky/nerdy where I live (ventura County). I’m sure there are more of us out there.

Post # 92
122 posts
Blushing bee

It’s official: 1 year from today we will all be getting married and (hopefully) eating wedding pie on Pi Day!!! Woohoo!! It’s weird and exciting.

Post # 93
1 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
whatsherface04:   I’m getting married on pi day too! I might have lil pies as my favors just because I can’t get married on pi day & not have pie !! my fiancé and I are so excitedd! & we didn’t even do it on purpose we just wanted a march date & that was the date my venue had available & I feel like it was fate bc his nickname for me is nerd lol so I feel like it fits with us =) 

Post # 94
1002 posts
Bumble bee

We also decided on the date before we were engaged.    We’re planning a combined breakfast ceremony/reception, and if we can swing it, the ceremony itself it going to be at around 9:22, the ring exchange at 9:26 exactly.  It’s not going to be a long ceremony, so we should be done by 9:29 or so.  It’s basically going to be just the two of us standing up, announcing that we’re committed to one another, saying some words/doing a brief reading, exchanging the rings, doing another reading, the end.  And then everyong will go back to their meal.  (We plan to have the meal begin before the ceremony, and have the ceremony be in the middle.  Because we really want to move away from the “wedding” feel, since it’s not a wedding.)

Post # 95
7 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married on 3/14/15.  While this was a date we ended up having to choose for other reasons, we were excited to realize it was also Pi Day. Makes me much more excited about having to have a March wedding!

Post # 96
1316 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Im a Pi day bride too 🙂

Post # 97
2 posts
Wannabee

I can’t believe this exists! Yes, I will be an Ultimate Pi Day bride; I actually got engaged on Pi Day, too! We found our venue last weekend; we’re just waiting on the contract to make it “official”. We are, in fact going to get married at 9:26 a.m., although we’re not sure if we should start the ceremony at 9:26 or try to time our vows to be said at 9:26. Then we’re having a brunch/afternoon reception, where there will be pie, of course! We’re taking the opportunity of doing a Pi Day wedding to just let our nerd flags fly, so we’ll be incorporating a lot of other nerdy stuff, too. We also got engaged in London, where we absolutely fell in love with the city, so we’re going to incorporate England into the theme as well, which is where I’m having trouble. Any ideas on how to mesh those two ideas together (besides Doctor Who. That has already been suggested and will be incorporated as well)? 

Post # 98
39 posts
Newbee

YAY I’ve found the Pi Day board! has anyone got their dresses organised yet?

Post # 99
3 posts
Wannabee

Getting married on 3.14.15 in Mexico!  Very excited!  Any other destination wedding brides?

We’re having tequila instead of pie, though, haha!

Post # 100
3080 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
whatsherface04:  No but I should have been since I’ m a math teacher lol

Post # 102
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a Pi Bride too — 3.14.15! I was Googling for ways to incorporate the theme into the wedding and found this thread! Already took down a ton of your great ideas. We originally hadn’t thought about that date in particular, but once we started figuring out dates, I knew I wanted it to be in February or March, (we are in south Florida and it starts getting VERY hot in April). Once we found our dream venue, we found out the only Saturday left in March was the 14th. The second we realized that date would be the “ultimate” Pi Day (3.14.15) — and my FH is a computer science and math major — we knew that date was meant to be! 

I was considering what another bee mentioned on here — incorporating Pi into the table numbers or something like that. Table 3, Table 3.1, Table 3.14, Table 3.141, table 3.1415 (maybe make this table the main table). Not sure if breaking up the numbers that way would be very aesthetically pleasing, so I’m definitely still thinking that through.

The ceremony is already set to begin at 5:30 — so I’m thinking up ideas for something special at 9:26 pm during the reception. Champagne toast, or even a choreographed dance by the FH and I. 

On another note, after selecting the date and being extremely excited about a Pi Day wedding — I did also make the horrifying connection of Steak & a BJ day also falling on March 14 and forever being our wedding anniversary. While I do love me a good steak and have no problem with the implications — part of me does get annoyed at the thought that “our” wedding anniversary will always fall on a guy’s version of Valentine’s Day – which is why I wouldn’t want it to fall on February 14th either. *Sigh* but I know I’m overthinking it.

Post # 103
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m having a Pi Day Wedding as well! As of right now, we have everything except for the ceremony venue, invitations, and save the dates so we are making good progress. Instead of pie though, we are having our reception at a pizza place and will have pizza pie! Incorporating this and the rest of our “theme” into everything has proved to be difficult though…

Post # 104
7897 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We wanted to have a pi day wedding! The date is in between our birthdays, and Fiance has a math background, so it would have been perfect! But March can be cold in our neck of the woods, so it was a no go.

Post # 105
1 posts
Wannabee

I just registered with Weddingbee!  🙂 and our wedding will be on pi day also. I need to get going on some plans I guess – it will be here before we know it!

Sheryl

The topic ‘Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors