(Closed) Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?

posted 7 years ago in March 2015
Post # 106
15 posts
Newbee

Friday the 13th 2015  bride here!!

Post # 107
18 posts
Newbee

Yay, more pi day brides! We picked this day by total coincidence but are embracing it.  We are having our aunts bake lots of pies for dessert (in addition to the wedding cake) and I’ve made a wedding logo with our initals as the pi symbol.  I’m pretty proud of that second part, it looks great. I’m just not sure where to use it..

Post # 108
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
Bearoline:  Is there any way you could post the logo you designed? I’d love to see it (and I’m sure others would as well!). You could probably use it on your invitations and/or save the dates, programs, favors, etc. We’re doing a combination Pi Day/British-themed wedding, and I’m having a hard time incorporating both concepts. I’d love to see what you’ve done with yours!

Post # 109
18 posts
Newbee

View original reply
erikalpeterson:  I’m new to the site so I hope my image isn’t huge like it appears it might be! Anyway, here is our logo.  I have been working on embossing the logo on the envelopes (these are some test runs), but it might end up in me getting frustrated and ruining too many of them.  I have a drawing of the logo, but this is from the rubber stamp I carved. (Our initals are J and C, if anyone was having a hard time figuring that out.) Pi/British themed has so many possibilites! You could do little picks to go in the pies themselves with little flags or maybe cutouts of monuments. You could have pies that are very British (mince, banoffee, etc). Wait- that’s all I’ve got. πŸ™‚

Post # 111
2 posts
Wannabee

Me me me! 

We picked the date years before we actually got engaged; 3:14 is one of those numbers I always see on the clock, in addition to loving the concept of an irrational, non-terminating number (we aren’t mathematicians.. every vendor has asked).  He proposed on 3/14/13, due to my love of palindromes too πŸ™‚ 

We’re both relatively introverted, and don’t like the idea of being “center of attention,” so we’re keeping the celebration small and sweet, close friends and family only.  No DJ, no huge venue, just an intimate gathering of no-more-than-60 at our favorite fondue restaurant, “The Melting Pot”.  We think its appropriate to blend our families there, and have fun-doing it (hehe). 

And, yes, we are trying to have mini pies as our favors- the only question is, am I baking them with the bridemaids, or finding a bakery?  Decisions, decisions.

Post # 112
1 posts
Wannabee

I can thank my future nephew for our Pi Day wedding…

I moved to Hawaii in May to join my fiancee.  My future SIL requested our wedding to be around his school breaks.  Christmas was too soon, Summer was too far away.  His spring break was in the begining of March and we figured the kids would have gotten used to the time difference by the 14th.  I forgot when we realized it was Pi day but we love it.  We are going to try to incorporate it into our wedding as much as we can.

Post # 113
1 posts
Wannabee

It’s so funny that I ran across the thread when looking up any month twinsI we’re getting married March 14, 2015 and that date has been set for months now but I just realized yesterday that it will be Pi Day! 

Post # 114
32 posts
Newbee

Another Pi Day Bride here!! So excited LESS than 5MONTHS left!! How is everyones plans going in incorporating “Pi?”

Post # 116
1552 posts
Bumble bee

We’re getting married 3/14/15. It worked out great for us because it’s the first Saturday of my fiance’s spring break (he’s a teacher) and we can leave for our honeymoon the day after. I didn’t even realize it was Pi Day until someone at work mentioned it to me! πŸ™‚

We’re not incorporating the “Pi” theme at all. But, considering we only became engaged a few weeks ago, it is quite exciting to be having a relatively short engagement! Lots of planning in a short amount of time and everything is going smoothly so far. Our venue is booked, and it is freaking amazing! They do all the decorating, they provide the DJ, officiant, and photographer, and they include a lot of neat things we wouldn’t have paid for if we’d booked somewhere else (photobooth, chocolate fondue pots, activity packages for the kids, etc.) We both have our wedding bands, I’ve already begun stocking up on the alcohol, wedding party is selected, important songs are selected, guestbook and save-the-dates are on the way. We’re meeting with the caterer later this week, and we have a cake concept that we’ll present to our baker also probably later this week. I *think* we’re on a roll!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Willow90.
Post # 118
1 posts
Wannabee

Right here! πŸ™‚ 3.14.15 we start getting ready at 9 am, ceremony is at2 pm πŸ™‚ will be serving pie at the wedding as well πŸ˜€ pretty stoked! 

View original reply
whatsherface04:  

Post # 119
1 posts
Wannabee

Getting married on pi day, too! But sadly, not at 9:26AM/PM.

We’re both Math teachers, so it can seem a bit nerdy, but pi has a significant meaning to us. We also plan on getting tattoos of the pi symbol on our wrists after. πŸ™‚

So excited!

Post # 120
1 posts
Wannabee

Another Pi Day bride here! I cannot believe the wedding is in just a little over 2 months, ahh!

We get asked all of the time, “do you guys like math?” – Nope.. we’re not math nerds AT all, we just love the celebration of forever! The band of my engagement ring is an infinity symbol, and our invitation design includes the phrase, “Forever in Love”

How is planning going for everyone?

The topic ‘Any Pi Day 3.14.15 Brides Out There?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors