(Closed) Any real brides in Stella York 5840 and 5838?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 166
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

ally1389:  Ps. You look beautiful in the dress! 

Post # 167
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

MteeE:  Do you have a pic wearing  the right weil with the dress?  I just want to get an idea of how it looks 🙂

Post # 168
12 posts
Newbee

MteeE:  Hi girl, do you have a pic of the right veil with the dress?  I just want to have an idea of how it looks together.  Thank you!

Post # 169
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

iris77:  hey! Sorry for the late response. Here it is! 

Post # 170
12 posts
Newbee

MteeE:  Thank you so much!  It looks amazing, like it was made for this dress! can’t wait to wear it.  I hope your wedding was fantastic

Post # 171
20 posts
Newbee

Hey Ladies, I brought the dress 2nd hand off still white.com Its Ivory over Ivory. I am a bit worried about the length, is it to short? my mum said it looks fine. The bride i brought it off also had the dress off the floor. I am having a beach wedding so i guess i will sink in to the sand but i wanted to put my mind at rest. Also at the bottom of the dress it seams a bit wavey would a steam of the dress get rid of this or should i put a pedicoat underneath? I am going to get it stemaed anyway as it got a bit scrunched in the posting process.  Thanks for your help 🙂

Post # 172
12 posts
Newbee

amy2388:  Hi Amy,

I think the dress looks great and it fits you perfect.  Specially if you are having a beach wedding, you don’t need to wear shoes.  I would not worry on the lenght at all!  The only thing I would change is the belt as in my opinion a little bling belt looks really nice with that dress, but that is up to everyone’s taste.  Good Luck!

Post # 173
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

@amy2388 

I think it looks lovely! are you using the wedding shoes? As it looks on the pic it looks good, I think is better that the dress is not too long as it will be more comfortable for you!

also think that a mermaid petticoat will make it look better 🙂 and a blingy belt too! 

Post # 174
20 posts
Newbee

futuremrsch:  hey im getting married in barefeet or flats. I have been thinking about a petticoat to get rid if the waves atbthe bottom.  

Post # 175
20 posts
Newbee

futuremrsch:  I also thought the bust area looks a bit pointy. I dnt know if a dress maker could fix this. Its like the boning needs removing between the bust area to make it more rounded. What you think? 

Post # 176
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Everyone looks amazing in this dress! I just picked mine up today and surprisingly it fit me like a glove! Luckily I will only need minimal alterations =)) I wanted to share a picture of my dress because I ordered it in the white/white. When I tried on the dress originally, it was in ivory and for me, it just wasn’t white enough. I couldn’t find ANY pictures online of this dress in white, so I was very nervous to see it today in person. I am so glad I went with my gut! 

Post # 177
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Ladies, thank you for sharing all the amazing pictures! I am in love with this dress but is unfortunately out of my price range to buy new. I am a curvy 5″3″ at 155 pounds. My wedding is not until May 7, 2016 and I am already down 20 pounds in the last 6 months and working out actively. Measurements 38-32-42. Thinking size 12 but could work hard for size 10. Anyone else looking to sell?

Post # 178
12 posts
Newbee

jmarisec:  Hi there,

I had my first fitting yesterday for this dress and I also had the corset line showing at the hips.  I’m also 5′.2″.  My seamstress is planning to cut 1 inch off of the corset.  Did this solve the problem for you as well?

Post # 179
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - White Oak Plantation

Kfree833:  Where did you get that belt from? I’m trying to find one I like and they are all too wide but yours is perfect!!!!

Post # 180
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Sea Cliff Manor

Hi brides!

I was married in May 2015 and wore the 5840! I loved it but I lost way more weight than I planned days before the wedding so it’s a little big on me. I added straps and I think it made the dress look really dainty and pretty. 

You can see our photos here:

http://www.weddingsbyjoshuabrown.com/ericaandevan/

The topic ‘Any real brides in Stella York 5840 and 5838?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors