(Closed) Any real brides try on Maggie Sottero Malina Spring 2016 yet?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 61
272 posts
Helper bee

I’m going to wear fairly simple teardrop earrings, but no necklace. I didn’t want to take away from the top of the dress at all because it’s so pretty and ornate. I had my final fitting yesterday and I can’t wait to wear this dress!

Post # 62
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
jw398 :  Congratulations!!  I would love to see some final pics of you in the dress if you don’t mind sharing.  Also, can you tell us how long it took for your dress to come in after you ordered it?

Post # 63
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I thought about wearing earrings but my hair would’ve covered them- I wore my hair down and I thought a necklace would be too distracting. It took about 4-5 months for the dress to come in!IMG_6717 copy

Post # 64
504 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
jw398 :  Oh you look gorgeous!  As much as I wanted to wear my hair down for my wedding, I decided against it in favor of not covering the top of the dress.  Thanks for letting me know how long the dress will take.  My hope is that it gets here by November so that my sister/MOH, who will be visiting for 2 weeks, can go with me to the first fitting.  I’m thinking about adding a belt and I want her input.

Post # 65
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Thank you! Just a piece of advice- I LOVED the way the dress looked when I tried it on and they clamped the back so it was super tight and form fitting- but when I went for my fitting, they only took in the waist because my seamstress said I wouldn’t be able to sit down if the hips were tight- so the way you looked in the sample might be more form fitting than on your wedding day so you can move around 🙂 

Post # 66
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2017

@jw398 LOVE the way it looks, I am so glad i bought this dress. You look Beautiful!!!

Oh No!!! my plan was to get it altered from the hip area, it makes my butt look flat  if its not taken it a bit. Crossing fingers.

Post # 67
504 posts
Busy bee

Just sharing with anyone that is interested on timeline.  I just got a call that my wedding dress came in today!!  Yay!!!  I ordered it the towards the end of June so it only took 2.5 months.

Post # 68
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m a Malina bride as well. I’m currently waiting for my dress to return and it has been nerve racking, until I came across this forum. I ordered the ivory/pewter but I tried on the light gold. Scary! But now I no longer have to wander. The ivory is gorgeous. So now the only issue is the size. I’m 5’0 and 113 pounds. I ordered a size 2. 😨 Is there anyone else out there who is as small as I am? If so, what size did you order?

Post # 69
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

I just ordered this dress on Saturday! I’m so excited for it to come in. The dress shop also only had it in gold and I ordered ivory.

I lightened the first picture with an app on my phone that makes it looks more like how my real dress will look (hopefully!)

Everyone else that posted pictures looks so good!

Post # 70
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Hi ladies! Just wondering, are you ladies having a big bouquet? Tight? Or loose? I want a loose bouquet and also more on the oval shape but not sure if it will suit the dress. 

Post # 71
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Hey ladies! I ordered this gown in light gold this afternoon at Kleinfeld (Canada). It’s gorgeous!

Post # 72
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I said yes to the dress. Anyone that has bought this dress do you recommend buying the top to it? 

Thanks 

Post # 73
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Post # 74
504 posts
Busy bee

So fellow Malina brides, I picked up my dress!  And it’s just as gorgeous as I remember.  I definitely won’t have any dress regret with this one.  I also am so happy that I went with the ivory instead of the light gold.  (Though I loved both).

Like a previous bride, I decided to add a belt to add more sparkle to the dress.   I wanted a small belt like hers but of course I fell in love with a big $500 one!  LOL.  It had pearls and sparkle like the dress.  Which speaking of sparkly, I was pleasantly surprised at how much the dress sparkled on its own.  I also dreamed of a very sparkly bodice but thought I had given up on that with this dress.  It may have been the bridal store lighting but it glistened a bit.   Below, are pics with belt and without belt. 

The topic ‘Any real brides try on Maggie Sottero Malina Spring 2016 yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors