(Closed) Any Real Brides with Allure 2501 Pictures??

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am so glad I found this thread! I am considering this dress as well.

I tried it on, but the sample size was 5 sizes too large. I have a weird question for you ladies who already received your dress or who have been able to try it on in your size. How easy is it to walk and sit in this dress? I know that it is a mermaid, but I was wondering if it is a bit easier since the style of the train flows out at the butt. Or does that not make a difference?

Thanks for your help!

Post # 33
3 posts
Wannabee

@Becky33:  Thank you! I am going to get fitted for mine tomorrow, and don’t even have a clue what size I will need. I am sure in the end yours will fit exactly how you want it and you’ll look beautiful!

Post # 34
3 posts
Wannabee

@maggielou52:  The dress is not overly heavy and I thought it was pretty easy to sit and walk in. I didn’t notice my legs feeling constricted by the mermaid form at all. The lace is pretty light!

Post # 35
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Girls, I am dying to hear who has their dress in their perfect size. I am so worried about the crinkling in the middle/belly section. I keep seeing wrinkles when I see other people in the dress :/ Anyone else have the same concerns? (I know mine doesn’t fit me quite yet)

I am taking my dress to my dressmaker next week so she can see what alterations she will need to do and I will express my concerns then. It’s just that I really like the tight mermaid look and I feel this dress is stiff or something. 

Let me know what you gals think.

Post # 36
132 posts
Blushing bee
Post # 38
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I saw that picture on Facebook yesterday, too, and to be honest I am not impressed with both that picture and the model online as well. Seeing the dress on myself and the other girls who have posted reminds me that it looks so much better on.

I think the problem with the Facebook picture is that it’s just a photoshoot, and not an actual bride so my guess is that it hasn’t been altered to fit the girl properly. I will be bringing my dress in October 13th for my first fitting and can post pictures for sure by then. I’ll try to get some from sometime in September, but I’ve also lost 20 pounds since buying the dress, so it’ll probably looser than normal. I think the wrinkling  (fingers crossed!) is nothing that a proper fitting won’t fix:)

Post # 39
132 posts
Blushing bee

@anabell465:  Wow, good on you. That is amazing, I would like to loose about that too, but I just can’t do it, I am not motivated enough. lol. I’m 147 pounds (which I had to calculate because we use Kgs here, which is about 66.7kg) I would ideally like to be 60 or 59 just to be in the 50’s range. lol.
So I won’t be getting it altered till the month before, maybe that is why I am just freaking out. Wishing I had ordered the size below, so I could get more of an idea but my alterations lady will be honest and if she thinks it is too much work and I would be better off just ordering the next size down now, I’ll bite the bullett and order it.

That girl on facebook, that IS here real wedding pic. So that’s why I freaked a little. hmmm

Post # 40
187 posts
Blushing bee

Oh, thought since it said Vallarta photos shoot or something that it wasn’t an actual wedding. I agree, it definitely looks like it could be fitted a bit more, especially to accentuate the waist. I think youll look amazing though, and I’m still crossing my fingers the seamstress can work some magic:)

Post # 41
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hey Bees…

I am so upset about my dress, a bit stressed. I ordered the size 8 (see previous pics I posted) because it fit like a GLOVE! Only big in the chest a little bit. Well someone screwed up and my dress came in WAY too big!! An inch on both sides all the way down to big!! I’m so worried the alterations are going to change the look of the dress :,( Thankfully thbistros is paying for the $300 alteration bill to come. Got sized on Tuesday and first fitting is end of next week…did I mention my wedding is 3 weeks away?!?! Still can’t believe this happened!!

Post # 42
132 posts
Blushing bee

@Bonagrie14:  Surprised oh no. ๐Ÿ™ I am so upset for you. Was it Allures fault or the shops fault. I am sure it can be fixed and altered to look exactly the same. It will be perfect, try not to stress about it.

I can’t wait to see your photos, I know you are going to look stunning!! xx

Post # 43
187 posts
Blushing bee

@Bonagrie14:  How terrible! You ordered the dress in an 8…is that what it came in, or did they somehow order you a 10? You look crazy good in your pictures, and I have no doubt that a proper seamstress can make it look perfect again.

If it’s any kind of consolation, I will be needing to take my dress in a lot as well, so I’m also hoping the alterations don’t change much in terms of what I’m expecting it to turn out like.

I think everything will be prefect-please keep us updated! Your day is coming up so quickly…happy planning during these last couple weeks:)

Post # 44
132 posts
Blushing bee

Hey Bee’s.
Thought I would let you know, I ended up going to me seamstress today and she can definately alter my dress but it is going to cost me $400. She was also honest and said that the 10 would of been perfect, if anything she still might need to take it in at the bust and waist. So I went back to my shop today and got them to order in the 10 for me. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am very happy I have come to this conclusion.
It will arrive 1 month before the wedding :/ fingers crossed.
I also still have the other dress incase of emergency but we will just do a straight swap when it comes in. 

Post # 45
132 posts
Blushing bee

Got a call from the store 2 days ago saying that they have a size 10 in another state and they can get it down for me next week. They only just got it to keep in store and if   I am happy with it, I can just do a straight swap!! So excited. Save myself $400 and get my dress in a week. As long as it is in Ivory, I forgot to ask that.
Anyway, will keep u updated. 

Any news on your dress Bonagrie14??  

Post # 46
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Becky33:  Wow you are SO fortunate that you are dealing with a bridal store that understands customer service. Where do you live? I’d love to contact the store to see if they have or could find a size 8…in my dreams probably. I will admit I am SUPER jealous lol. I’m very happy you are not going through what I have been the last couple weeks though. I ordered a size 8, and was adamant about the size because as you could see from the pics, it fit me PERFECTLY ๐Ÿ™ Understandably you have a lot more time than I do, but still stressful. Please excuse my novel, it feels great to vent to people who can REALLY understand my pain lol, this dress is so beautiful the way I remember it and I am SO mad that it has to be taken apart and put back together again.

From what I could tell she ordered me an 8, it says so on my receipt/order slip. But what came in is definitely a 10. See what happened is I tried the 8 on at another store, and ordered from this store because it was the best deal. I was over my budget as it was with this dress so I was trying to help myself out to get the dress of my dreams. I’m really kicking myself now, the extra $200 would be way worth it at this point. My dress came in on August 24th. I went to try it on and it was huge. The woman who sold me the dress and owns the shop offered NOTHING to me. She could see i was livid and all she had to say was “something just isn’t adding up, it’s measuring the same as what you are, it’s definitely a sloppy 8” and “don’t lose sleep over it, it can be fixed.” Basically, it’s no big deal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I ordered the 8 because it was PERFECT, did not need to be touched and now it has to be taken in an inch on both sides from the arm pit down to where it starts to flare out. I was so mad I left the dress there and said I’m not paying for this, this is not what I ordered. And she just acted like it was no big deal and kind of like I was over reacting. So i left. I went out of town that weekend and on the following Tuesday I called the shop to discuss the dress. The owner wasn’t there, just her seamstress, and I told her I was really unhappy etc. The owner did not leave any info about how she would help make this right or anything. I had the seamstress call her wherever she was and tell her I demanded that she pay for my alterationsat least. She said she would only do it if I had them done in her store. What i really wanted was for her to send the dress back and get me a size 8…somehow, somewhere, anywhere! Not my problem what it cost her, just do it. At least offer me a friggen veil or something for my trouble?!

So I go to the seamstress that day, get all pinned and fitted and even figured out a veil to go with the dress. So I left happy. Only to get a call that Saturday from her telling me the shop owner wanted to know if and how I payed the remaining balance on my dress…and she told the seamstress not to touch my dress until I payed?!?! At this point I’m thinking this shop owner is completely nuts. I didn’t even take the dress home, it was still in the hands of HER seamstress that she MADE me use! Tell me if I’m wrong, but I’m not paying a single penny until this dress fits the way it did in those pictures. Also, it was now 3 WEEKS to the day til my wedding and she hadn’t even STARTED the alterations!! So I called to ‘explain’ why I hadn’t paid and that i was furious and stressed that she hadn’t started alterations 5 days after I was fitted. The owner said she would call her that day and tell her to start and to put a rush on it. So I go about my weekend, and call the seamstress on the following Tuesday (Sept. 4th) I asked if the owner called her on Saturday and she said “no i haven’t heard from her.” Now I’m really livid. It was now 18 days until my wedding and my dress STILL hadn’t been touched…when the seamstress made it very clear that this wasn’t a small alteration and would take lots of time. So i called the owner AGAIN and without raising my voice, screamed at her lol. I made it really clear that I was baffled at the fact she hadn’t offered me a single thing to make this right. She should have been on the phone immediately with the company asking about a real size 8 or trying to find a size 8 somewhere. But no she apparantly “can’t work miracles over the weekend.” It’s amazing she’s still in business. I’ve never heard of something so ridiculous. The things coming out of her mouth are all excuses and nonsense, and she contradicts herself. Tells me two different stories from one day to the next. If your store was able to call you themselves and say they found a size 10 for you at another store, then why couldn’t this lady?! On top of all this garbage, I’ve got the seamstress telling me that the owner doesn’t pay her for her work…great. So she’s not just shady with customers, she’s shady with her own help.

Thank god for the seamstress tho, she actually did my sister-in-law’s wedding dress, and she comes highly recommended from another seamstress in town that I was originally supposed to go to for the bust. She even made me a veil already. I went in to see her Wednesday Sept. 5, and she reasurred me it would be ready in time. I have my first real fitting tomorrow morning. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes…did I mention it’s 2 WEEKS to go?!?! omg…

The topic ‘Any Real Brides with Allure 2501 Pictures??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors