(Closed) Any Real Brides with Allure 2501 Pictures??

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Bonagrie14:  Oh you poor thing ๐Ÿ™ Just breathe hun. I am in Australia, are u? I got mine from a place called Hills in Hollywood and they have a few stores around Australia. They do dance wear, formal wear and bridal wear so it was a bit random because I expected to get my dress in a fancy bridal place but I feel in love with the dress online and they were the only ones (at the time) that stock it.

I know it is hard to understand but most places I know of (even the Jewellers I work at) would expect you to pay for your item before they alter the garment, because if you change your mind then it’s harder for them to sell it. NOT the point I know, because, well you need your dress but you are right, they should be doing everything they can to make the dress fit you ASAP.

Don’t worry, 2 weeks is plenty of time to alter the dress (as long as it is done atleast by the week before so you know you are happy and it fits perect), it will be done, my seamstress, who has 40 years of dress making and altering experience said the dress could be taken in, in 2 ways and that is was fine to do. Mine orginally needed 2 inches taken out of it but I am so glad I have made the decision to actually get my real size. It’s not my fault they didn’t measure me properly, so why should I pay $400??

Keep us updated. Don’t let the stress get to you otherwise you will stay flustered and you won’t have fun.

Out of interest. What did everyone pay for their dress? Mine was $1850 Aus but the lady did mine for $1550. Which I thought was a steal because I had tried on other dresses with half the detail for $3200.

Post # 48
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Becky33: Mine was $1,100 US originally, but I needed extra length (I’m 5’10) so it was $1,300 total. There were a couple shops that carried the dress so I should have shopped around but I bought it at the first shop I found it at because I love it so much.

@Bonagrie14: So sorry to hear the headache you’ve been dealing with! I agree, two weeks is still plenty of time to get it taken in, but it really sucks that there’s been such a run around before making those changes for you. Please keep us up-to-date, try to enjoy the last days before the wedding and have a gorgeous day! You will look so great and rock that dress; everything always works out in the end!

I will have to alter mine down at least 2 sizes:(

Post # 49
132 posts
Blushing bee

@anabell465:  Yer I guess they probably charge a bit extra by the time it hits Australia!! Sucks to be us. I was still very happy with that price for what you get on the dress. 

Post # 50
187 posts
Blushing bee

Yeah, that’s strange that there’s the increase in price…All I know is I fell in love with it and then saw the price (way less than the rest I had been trying on and not liking as much) and knew it was it! Some of the other Allures I tried on were more expensive, so maybe I just lucked out somehow. I was pretty nervous about dress shopping because I tend to find things that are higher than my budget. So between that and the million episodes of Say Yes to the Dress I watched, I didn’t know if I would find something under $1500 that I loved. That show makes it seem impossible!

Post # 51
2 posts
Wannabee

Does anyone have a gently used 2501 allure wedding dress they’d like to sell? This dress is the dress of my dreams, but being on a very strict budget limits my ability to purchase it. I’m a size 14. Thank you.

Post # 52
132 posts
Blushing bee

@cele_cast:  I doubt anyone will have it ready to sell in your time frame. It is still a very new dress so not many people would have worn it in a wedding yet. 
It might help if you say what country you are from too incase some does end up having one. However all bees on this thread though would be too small. Good luck though.  

Post # 53
2 posts
Wannabee

@Becky33: I’ll be getting married August 2013, I’m still hopeful! In any case, I’m in Washington, USA. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 54
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Bonagrie14:  The same thing happened to me and I went through 10 awful fittings. Cried. Finally posted comments all over the designers Facebook page. They called me, investigaTed and found  out she never ordered my dress she tried to pawn off the side 10 sample she had there already as the size 6 I ordered. I ordered in Feb found out couple weeks ago. My wedding is 9/22. Yelled at her and got all my money back. Bought another dress at Vows. 

Post # 55
132 posts
Blushing bee

Oh my gosh, Bonagries wedding is in 3 days time. I’m thinking of you. I hope everything has turned out ok and you are feeling good. Wishing you the best day ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait for lots of pictures and a story.

Post # 56
187 posts
Blushing bee

Me too! An early congratulations to Bonagrie– you are going to have the most wonderful time and look gorgeous in that dress, and yes, please, please show us pictures afterwards! Have a magical time this weekend and enjoy every minute:)

Post # 57
10 posts
Newbee

Not a lot of time right now to talk about everything but I enjoyed every minute of my day!!!!! There was thunder during our ceremony but it only started raining right after we signed the marriage license ๐Ÿ™‚ My dress wasnt 100% perfect but i still loved it and so did everyone else. My hubby apparantly balles his eyes out as soon as i walked outside :,)

I will post pics and give more details of the day asap, thanks for all your support bees!!

Post # 58
132 posts
Blushing bee

@Bonagrie14:  So happy for you, I don’t think I am going to be 100% happy with my dress either because the material isn’t the type to sit nicely against the body without having to pull it down etc. Is that how you felt? I am seeing the dress maker tomorrow to see if she can fix that crinkle but I don’t like my chances. I don’t care tho, I still love the dress.

Anyway, can not wait to see pics. Did you get some good pics with rolling clouds, I think you can get some beautiful pics with rain anyway.

Post # 59
10 posts
Newbee

Post # 60
187 posts
Blushing bee

Oh my gosh, could you be any more gorgeous?!! You totally rocked that dress! I think I can speak for everyone when I say we have been waiting to see a picture of you in that stunning gown! Thank you for sharing…Congratulations again, and now I’m getting super excited for mine coming up!

Post # 61
10 posts
Newbee

Thank you so much!! It really means a lot after the ordeal I had with this dress. Did I mention after I paid for my dress (getting $100 off for my headaches and stress) I brought it to another seamstress that I originally wanted to bring the dress to so she could tweak a few things. I picked up my dress the day before my wedding only to find a loonie sized HOLE in it!!!!! It was on the train very close to the buttons, in the fabric between the lace appliqués. I said to the seamstress “umm there’s a hole?!” (That wasn’t there when I dropped it off) But of course couldn’t prove that. So not only had I gone through hell getting the wrong size, and the whole ordeal with two shady women to get it to fit me in 3 weeks…it now had a big hole in it that no one was going to own up to. Needless to say I had a complete freak out/break down to my mom and sister when I brought it home. 

No one noticed that the dress didn’t fit quite right or that there was a hole…but I will always know and see the “flaws” in pictures. I hate that there is such a negative feeling behind my wedding dress, but I still love it so much. It’s actually STILL hanging in our room on the closet LOL!! I hope you all end up with the dress of your dreams and I can’t wait to see all of your pics too!! I will post a few more…enjoy ” )

The topic ‘Any Real Brides with Allure 2501 Pictures??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors