(Closed) any real life bridal pics of Allure 8568?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m pretty new at this…as you can see by the # of posts I’ve done….so I’ll try to send you a pic of me in my dress. I can’t post them b/c the size is too big. However, did you already buy another dress?

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee

the dress is ivory and I think the straps are actually supposed to be off the shoulder. I read that you are having a beach wedding? I love this dress, I think it’s gorgeous, but it’s fairly heavy, so that might be something to think about for a destination wedding.

Post # 8
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

omg katiemichelle! we got our wedding dress at the exact same place! A Net’s Enchanted Dream in Lafayette, right? I even had the same lady help me (also i was in the “gold” room to, same as in your picture! wow, that’s crazy! I went with a different dress but your dress is gorgeous as well!

Post # 9
24 posts
Newbee

Thanks for the comments guys!!! (I thought I wouldn’t be able to post pictures b/c I am “technologically deficient” but it works like a charm!)  Vintagequeen: Yeah, that’s hilarious that you recognized the place!!! I used to drive by there every week on the way home from church and drool over the dresses in the window. I was so excited when I got engaged and actually had a reason to shop there!! It was awesome getting a larger sized fitting room all to myself so that I had room for my mom and maids. Some other places are not that accomodating. What dress did you end up getting?

Post # 10
71 posts
Worker bee

I live in Schriever, in between Houma and Thibodaux..Well I had wanted to try on Maggie Sottero’s Gatby dress and that was the closest place to home that actually had the dress in stock for me to try on. They end up putting me in that same room, and me too had liked how big it was because I had brought my mom, my dad, and two bridemaids along with me. Our wedding theme is the vintage, old hollywood and I loved the decor in that room because it was sort of the vintage style…

Well needless to say, I ended up going with the Maggie Sottero Gatsby. It fit our theme perfectly and I fell in love the minute I put it on. Here are some pics…Now question, I have a headpiece on in the picture but I am re-thinking it. I’m thinking about going witha  birdcage veil instead. I posted a picture of that also. They will custom make the veil for me, it will be champagne with jewels netting and that same fascinator(flower) with the champagne/ivory pearls to go in the middle…what do you think??

[attachment=990208,122299] [attachment=990208,122300]

Post # 11
24 posts
Newbee

That’s a really pretty dress and I love love love the birdcage veil idea! I think it will suit your theme and dress perfectly! My wedding looks like it’s falling along the lines of elegant/romantic but I never really had anything in mind….it’s just kinda how it’s working out. I just bought my veil from A-Nets over the weekend and it complements my dress just right. (I actually purchased the dress from Pearl’s Place in Metairie, but in hindsight, should have just gotten it in Lafayette.) I’m from Lafayette so A-nets is just down the road.

Post # 12
71 posts
Worker bee

Yes, I love A Net’s but is a little over an hour an a half away from me, but I don’t care how far I have to travel for the perfect dress! I didn’t purchase the veil from there, I will most likely purchase it from birdcageveils.com, which is a store in texas that custom makes each and every veil to fit the bride!

and yes it does suit our theme perfectly. Before my fiance and I even gotten engaged we were talking about what kind of wedding we would want. I LOVE anything vintage and “back in the day” as they would say, and I figured incorporating that into our wedding would be lovely! And my fiance totally loved the idea as well so it works out perfectly.

for the rehearsal dinner we are having all the bridal party dress up as if we were still in the 1940’s, so I can’t wait for that, to see what everyone comes in!

The topic ‘any real life bridal pics of Allure 8568?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors