(Closed) any september 2011 brides out there?

posted 9 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m here! Sept. 10 for us.  =) 

Post # 4
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

September 24, 2011 for us.  Let the planning begin.  Have you decided any color schemes?

Post # 5
375 posts
Helper bee

I just joined this community yesterday and have yet to do an Intro, but looking through recent posts I found this.  We MIGHT be a Sept. ’11 couple, too!  We’re tossing around August and September.  We live in FL so weather is a huge deciding factor.  Then again, Florida weather is so unpredictable! 

Ditto on the colors question above…has anyone settled? 

Post # 6
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

It’s on our “maybe” list… along with Nov 2010, Jan 2011, May 2011…. we’re indecisive 🙂

Post # 8
143 posts
Blushing bee

I am also September 24, 2011!  janicegiraldo – we’re date twins!  We just booked the venue for our date this past week!  Soooo exiting!!

I am debating on the color scheme…  I want to go with eggplant and crimson, with gold as an accent color, but since it will be vermont in the fall I am worried that the eggplant won’t go with the orange, etc, of the trees.

Post # 9
93 posts
Worker bee

ScarletJwl  I was also thinking Eggplant but with a green and brown or gold accents.  Not sure though, I’ve never been a big fan of purple, but my fiance loves it and I’ve seen some beautiful inspiration boards with this color scheme.  We’ve also booked our wedding venue, our ceremony and reception will be at the same place, an awesome barn!  Attempting to go with a rustic theme.  When are you planning on dress shopping?  Bridesmaid dress shopping etc?  I’m not sure of a time line.

Post # 10
285 posts
Helper bee

my wedding is 9.10.11 and i actually just went to the running of the brides and found my wedding dress (yes VERY early, but its the one!) i prob will have the girls go at the end of this year! i too am using a deep purple color and think im pairing it with silver/slate gray. good luck!hope this helps!

Post # 11
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am Sept 2010, but I got engaged around this time last year, so I know exactly how you feel.   It will FLY by!!

Start planning now!  It saves stress later!

Post # 12
48 posts
Newbee

I’m a Sept 24th 2011 bride, well, we’re pretty sure thats the date, not 100% decided yet, but it’l probably be then!

I really wanted to do it on our dating half-anniversary cos i wanted a autumn/winter wedding and our dating anniversary is in may! but our dating half anniversary next year falls on a tuesday, so we’ve gone for the 24th which is the right date, but in September instead of the November.

As to colours, *I* have decided what colours i’d like, and Fiance is on board with them, Deep Royal Purple and Rich Peacock Blue. And i want to incorporate Peacock feathers into my flowers and things like that, because my dad breeds peacocks, so i have a handy supply of feathers!

sat last night and came up with a proper inspiration board with things i actually intend to use instead of the one i did when we got engaged which just used stock images from dessy, so here it is!!!

Post # 13
440 posts
Helper bee

I am September 24 2011!!! We do have colors already – Gold, Chocolate Brown and Cream. We are doing a TON of candles and trying to do a very understated elegance. We are trying to create a wedding that keeps with our vision of Southern elegance and grace. Nothing will be overly trendy but a simple classic look. We decided that our biggest priority for the reception was to make our guest feel at home and were having a great time. I already have my dress and I am working on finding the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (9! Bridesmaids – eek!). We have our location for the reception (my parents home) and we will be doing the ceremony in the church I grew up in. It is going to be a huge wedding by anyones standards we are doing the guest list now and we are already past 300 couples and the list keeps growing!

Since I am doing the invites and the majority of the paper related things I have already started on it because at this rate (5-6 invites per week) it may take me a year to make enough.

Post # 14
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2005

Sept 17th, 2011 here! We’ve already booked our wedding/reception spot http://www.pointbreezeonwebsterlake.com/  We’re doing our best to save save save so we don’t have to put ANY of the cost on a credit card. We’re planning to have a black & white wedding with orange highlights & black & white damask. I’m so back & forth on what I want the wedding to look like & my fiance is so go with the flow relaxed. It’s tough haha.

Post # 15
175 posts
Blushing bee

I’m here!!! 9.10.11 and i cant wait. i dont know if it is too early to start anything except DIY’s… I’m kinda getting frustrated.

Post # 16
1602 posts
Bumble bee

i may or not be a september bride. i’m currently waiting – and the original plan was to do it in december 2011, but then he was like, “why are we waiting until december? it’s nicer out in september”.

so we’ll see when i get a real ring, but it’d be either the 3rd, or the 10th. i’m voting for the 3rd!

The topic ‘any september 2011 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors