(Closed) Any September 2012 brides NOT wanting to diet right now?

posted 8 years ago in September 2012
  • poll: Diet?

Gung-ho!

Eff that

Off and on

• Post # 32
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I am happy about everything except my arms. I swear they look like hams…. mmmm ham.

Post # 33
    71 posts
    Worker bee

I am just doing more weights to tone my arms and watching what I need to make sure the dress isn’t TO tight or restricting…. Im more focused on toning up my arms and stomach for the honeymoon and me in a bikini!! 

Post # 34
    870 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Mrs.McMac:  LOL. 

Yeah for me it’s arms and tummy. Why in the world did I pick a fit and flare? I must have been out of my mind. (It stunning from head on, but when I looked at the side view I was like–where did that little buldge come from and how do I get rid of it?)

And of course with a strapless dress I was hoping for buff arms. 

I’m not really trying to build muscle right now though, just trying to drop fat! I really should start weight lifting again…

Post # 35
    255 posts
    Helper bee

I had planned on getting married next June, so I had plenty of time to get to my goal weight.  When we moved it to September, I just decided to embrace how I am now.  I can always lose weight after we’re married, no use stressing about it now.

Post # 36
    328 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

My dress arrived last week and I was fitted on Monday. Almost a perfect fit – except the bust which needs to be taken in ever so slightly.

Can’t tell you how ravenous I have been the last several weeks but, I need to just maintain my weight and it will be all good. I too had plans to “get fit” and “lose weight” – but the motivation just hasnt been there. With all the drama going on, who has the energy for anything else?

Post # 37
    416 posts
    Helper bee

Im trying to avoid bloaty foods. Just not sure what those are!! Help!

Post # 38
    2363 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m an October bride, but I could have written maybe half the posts on this thread. Love you guys!!

Post # 39
    130 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m trying to maintain too. It’s so easy to let stress lead me to chocolate binges! The main thing that always makes a difference for me before an event is having a few weeks of clean eating. No silly rules cutting carbs or anything but just eating actual food so I don’t retain water.. speaking of which.. biggest difference-maker within a few days:

3 cups of green tea/day! <3 That stuff works miracles to shed water weight. (I’m sure just increasing your intake of water would do the same)

Post # 40
    201 posts
    Helper bee

I’ve been struggling with this for our entire egagement! LOL! I’ve lost 60lbs so far (over a year span) and struggling to drop these last 15-20lbs. With only 33 days left until the big day, Im feeling a little discouraged and worried I wont reach my goal….but everytime I think about eating anything yummy AKA choclate, chips, fast food, pop, etc. I have to remind myself not eating it will be worth it when I hit my goal for the wedding. Needless to say, Im VERY excited about having our wedding cake and other sweets at our dessert table. 😉

Post # 41
    19 posts
    Newbee

Nerves/ excitement = burning double calories! YAY! 

Post # 42
    246 posts
    Helper bee

I’m drinking water like crazy now.  I cut out caffeine about a week ago.  My skin had better show its gratitude!  I’m also trying to stay away from really salty foods and not touch my face at all.  It’s all such a pain, but I think it will be worth it.  I’m down 20 lbs and was going for 25, so I’m pretty okay with that.  I’ve also been lifting weights and trying to define my arms a bit.  They’re still a little flabby, but I’m okay with that.  🙂

Post # 43
    19 posts
    Newbee

On that flight to honeymoon im going stuff my face, plane peanuts, vodkas, more peanuts and another voddie! 

Post # 44
    19 posts
    Newbee

Lots of water and sleep and no cards or sugar until on that flight!

Post # 45
    12 posts
    Newbee

I am also trying to avoid foods that are carbonated or high in sodium and make me bloated (read: BEER! CHEESE! my true  food loves!), but I am finding it truly challenging.

I have never been a dieter but I try to eat healthy with the occasional allowable “treat.” In the past 10 months I have lost about 7-8 lbs and I don’t feel that I’ve reached my goal yet, but damn — this is stressful! I find myself telling myself “salad for dinner” and then preparing a grilled cheese…..ugh, go figure!! Subconscious wins again.

Post # 46
    588 posts
    Busy bee

Nerves are begging for me to over-eat, but the fact that I have a fitting dress pushes me to pay attention and be careful! Argh! Can’t wait until the wedding is over!!

The topic ‘Any September 2012 brides NOT wanting to diet right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors